Divorce

"Are you serious? It was a mistake that happened eight years ago." Diamonté said.

"And for eight fucking years yo trifling ass lied to me." I yelled. "Be real with yourself. If I ain't have that vision you was never gon' tell me. My brother yo. My twin fucking brother."

The lights around us started flickering, the tables shaking violently. I know my eyes were turning blue in the moment. It always happens when I get really mad.

"Baby, chill. We can talk about it calmly." She said trying to calm me down.

"What you mean chill? If the roles were reversed you'd be putting a curse on me right now. You foul for that. You were never going to say anything to me or Jayden about it." I snapped.

"Mommy." I heard faintly from the little boy who must've just woken up.

The lights quickly went back to normal, the furniture stopped moving. I took a deep breath before kneeling down to his level.

"Hey baby boy. What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's so loud. Why are you fighting with mommy?" Jayden asked.

"We're not fighting. We just had a little disagreement. We're okay now. Let's get you back to bed." I say.

It was pretty late and we have him on a set schedule. I'd hate for him to break it since it works pretty good for him.

"This ain't over." I whisper to Diamonté.

I carried the boy back to his room and carefully placed him back in his race car themed bed. I tucked him into bed and watched him for a second.

"Jayden, we need to have a talk." I say.

He's a pretty intelligent boy for his age. I wasn't going to fully explain it to him but good enough to where he understands.

"What's wrong mama?" He asked.

Hearing him call me that used to make me happy every time. Now it just crushes my heart. "Something came up and I might be going away for awhile. You won't be able to see me for some time."

He sat up quickly, saddened by my words. "Did mommy do something?"

"No, she didn't do anything." Yes the hell she did but I'm not gonna tell him that. I would never want him to view his mother as a bad person.

"So why are you leaving?" Jayden asked about to cry.

"Because I have to. I don't know when I'll be back so I want you to know something. I really love you boy. No matter what your mother says when I'm gone just know that I have always loved you and I always will." I say.

"I love you too mama. Please don't go." He cries.

"I'm sorry Jay but I'll try to see you again soon. I promise. Now please go back to sleep." I tell the boy as calm as I could.

I really wanted to break down and just destroy things but I can't. I kissed him on the forehead and exited his room. I quietly closed his door and turned around only to run directly into Diamonté.

"So you're leaving? You can't go. I love you Y/N." She said on the verge of crying.

"How can you even say that D? If you really loved me you wouldn't have did what you did. You wouldn't of kept it a secret. I don't even know what else to say to you anymore. I'm just done." I say.

I stared at the diamond ring that shined brightly on my finger. Eight years of marriage gone out the window just like that. As of right now I don't know if I can ever forgive her for this. I slid the ring off of my finger fighting off the part of me that didn't want to.

It is killing me because I really do love this woman. I just don't believe that I can live with knowing what I know.

"Y/N, baby, please put your ring back on. I'm sorry. It was an accident. If I had the power to go back then I would. Just don't leave, please." Diamonté begged, tears flowing freely from her eyes.

I hated seeing her cry. She's honestly too pretty for that. But I'm not gon be fooled by her beauty. I'm not changing my mind. I gotta do what's best for me now.

"No. I'm not putting it back on and I'm not staying. We're done. I want a divorce." I say.

"Are you serious? We can work through this." She pleaded.

"No Diamonté, we can't. This is over." I said.

I went to the bedroom and started packing up my stuff. I made sure to grab everything important. I packed quickly not wanting to be around her any longer.

I ignored her cries. Even if she did mean what she was saying it doesn't change the bigger picture. Nothing ever will.

I put my bags in the truck of my Dodge Durango. As I was finishing up I seen my brother pull into the driveway. This nigga is at fault too. Can't believe my own brother, my literal fucking twin, would do me like that.

"Yo, what's up sis?" Dave asked.

I could feel myself getting mad all over again. I did my best to calm myself down knowing the danger that can happen if I get too pissed off.

I punched him right in the face, knocking him out cold. He'd be alright. He'll wake up in a couple hours.

"What is wrong with you?" My now ex-wife asked.

I scoffed in disbelief. "What's wrong with me? You know what, goodbye Diamonté."

I got in my truck and drove away. I only had one destination in mind right now. After that I wasn't sure what I was going to do.

I stopped at the cemetery going to a very familiar grave. I sat down in the grass letting my emotions run wild. Who would've thought that this would be my life?

"Hey momma." I spoke. "I know you probably already know what I'm here for. I just wanted to say that you were right. You always did feel some type of way about Diamonté. I used to always fight against that and tell you that she was the one. For whatever reason I was so in love with her."

"Mothers always know best. Maybe if I would've listened my life would be different. You would know exactly what to do and say right now. I remember when dad did something similar and you went to travel the country to make yourself feel better. I think I might do the same."

"Which means that I won't be here for awhile so I want you to know that I miss you a lot and that I love you." I say.

After spending time at my mother's grave, I decided on where to go first. My mom seemed to be so much better after she traveled around. I thought about some close places around New Orleans until I just chose one.

First stop, Houston Texas.

___________________

if you're able to put the dots together on what saweetie did then cool but I didn't want to go deep into it because I was gonna explain it in a later chapter

same goes with y/n's powers.

anyway, how we feeling so far?

Not Proofread

Until Next Time.