8

I call Kelley out with me to the hallway. "What do I do?"

"Well you have a few options. You could A go with the plan your father set. B you could move out and separate all of your finances, C you could full separate yourself from the company and cut all ties. I can't make this decision for you, but if you ever need anything just give me a call. I got a flat a not even an hour away from your school so you could crash there since I don't use during the season."

"I Umm I just don't know. Why would he do this now."

"I don't know. I'm just here to support you."

"Thank you. But what am I going to do about the jill situations. Knowing my dad he's probably sent the resignation letter."

Before Kelley can respond Jill jogs down the hallway. "Can you explain yourself Cory?" She demands harshly.

"I-uhhh... I..." I stammer through my sentence shaking my head harshly.

"Jill we are trying to get her out of this. Her dad just came and said if she doesn't take over the company in the next years there are going to be consequences."

"Well Umm what are your options?"

"I could either accept it, or I could run away. I'm 18 so he has no legal hold over me."

"Well obviously it's your call. If you want to play soccer the. We will do everything in our power to keep you playing soccer. If you want to take over the company we can't stop you."

"But how am I supposed to live. All of my money is tied to my father."

"Wait you're 18 right?"

"Yeah."

"He set up a fund in your name you can legally access them."

"He set up two funds but I've never looked at them."

"Well how about tomorrow or even later tonight we do some digging. If we can get everything transferred directly to you then you have no binds to father after it."

"Alrighty I'll look into it.Now I gotta get going."

"Alright we'll keep me in the loop if you get back before 10."

"Yeah no problem." Jill walks away. I loosely grasp Kelley's wrist and drag her down to the elevators. "Kel I have no idea what to do."

"Look after camp I have a few weeks before I have to head back to DC. You can come stay at my flat. If you want to move out."

"Okay. Thanks. But like the media. How do I address that?"

"My advice would be no comment for each question."

"Okay. Thank you, so much. I don't know why he's doing this now."

"Well kid I can't tell you. But if you want I can drive you to the restaurant. Just ask which one?"

"Wait kelley can you change into something nice and come with me. If you are there he probably won't push it so much. It's fine if not. Sorry it's stupid."

"No it's not stupid and I packed a nice dress for something else so give me like 10 minutes and we will leave."

"Thank you." I follow her to the elevator as I shoot the text to my dad.

He responds not even a minute later with the restaurant and street address. I sit on the lip of the bathtub as Kelley runs in feverish circles putting in gold earrings, nude heels that couldn't of been taller then 3 inches, running a brush through the loose waves and applying a thin coat of mascara. "Hey can you zip me up?"I nod, pushing her hair to the side, pushing the thin silver chain that layer right at the base of her throat as I pull the thin zipper up of her back. Clasping the very top before fixing her hair.