A Stubborn Heart

~Alec's POV~

I woke up to and aching pain. I opened my eyes and saw that June had rolled on top of my broken wrist. I immediately pulled it away while trying not to wake her. God my wrist hurt like hell along with the wrest of my body. The fresh cuts on my arm didn't help anything. I felt like death, but the worst of it all was the emotional pain I felt. I physically wanted to die, I saw no point of going on. I was ruined and humiliated. I stayed in bed blankly staring at the ceiling occasionally glancing at June's still but breathing body. She looked so tired and so fragile. I could tell by the look on her sleeping face that she was in pain. I wish I could take it all away, I wish I could have been stronger, that way I could have saved her from that fucking monster. I hated myself.

Just thinking that pissed me off I jumped off from the bed reached for my hoodie in my bag and started for the bedroom door. I needed to get out of here before I exploded plus I didn't want to disturb my sister. But I guess it was too late because as soon as I opened the door June awoke.

"Alec where are you going?" She asked getting up from the bed.
"I just need to get out of here June. I need some space." I said hoping she'd understand but knowing my sister she wouldn't want me going out alone.
"Oh let me go with you please. So we can talk. Are you okay?" Shes said the last part almost like a whisper, like she knew that asking that question was a mistake. "AM I OKAY? are you fucking serious right now June? Of course I'm not FUCKING okay! Our dad just raped the two of us and beat us how can I be fucking okay with that?" I had officially lost it I could see I was hurting her but I didn't care, I was tired of holding all this sadness and anger in.

She just sat there hugging herself. "I'm sorry Alec just please don't yell at me."
"I'm sorry for yelling but June I'm tired. i'm so fucking tired of holding everything in all the time for you. I hold it in to stay strong or you! But i can't do it anymore if I can't protect you i'm good for nothing!" At that point I rolled up the sleeves to my hoodie an showed her the cut I had made last night. "You see these? I want to die! I hate everything about this life. I want to die so to answer your question NO I'm not okay. I'm so done with this life i need to get away. I love you. You're my sister but I need to be alone! So please understand!" With that I ran out the door.

I was such a piece of shit. I knew I had just hurt her but I didn't care at this point. I was hurting too and no one was here to help me. June had plenty of support with the millions of boys who loved her. Where was my support?

I ran out the front door hoping no one would see me. I didn't want to explode on someone else. As I walked out I saw Ronnie's car pull up, and he stepped out along with jacky and some girl with black and purple hair I'd never seen before. Ronnie saw me and approached me, he probably knew what happened by now if he was here Andy must have told him. Fuck I really didn't want to talk to him.
"Hey Alec is June in there? Is she okay? I really need to talk to her." He yelled

"Why don't you go see for yourself and no she's not fucking okay. Where were you last night when she kept calling you?" I shouted.
He just looked down and proceeded to tell me his misunderstanding with the cops that I really didn't want to hear.

"Well good for fucking you. I was heading out so I'm going to leave now but mark my words if you hurt my sister more than she already is I swear I'll hurt you." I said looking Ronnie straight in the eye.

That's when the girl standing next to Ronnie spoke. "Hey I get Ronnie can be an asshole but he is a good guy when he's in love and I can totally tell he loves your sister and he's hurt by all this. I know I don't know you or what you're going through and all but you won't have to worry about this guy hurting your sister. And if he does I'll take care of it." She told me with a wink.