021

Walking into the mayor's old study, Chloe found Tyler, sitting on the sofa with a flask

"Hey. I figured I'd find you in here" she said as she sat next to him. "And I knew you'd probably be drinking."

"Yeah, well, today's been a big day of sorry's from people who really don't give a crap," he said.

"Am I one of those people?" she asked.

"No. No, I didn't mean-"

"I was kidding," she said, holding out her hand. Tyler shook his head but handed her the flask.

"People keep telling me what a great guy he was. But he was a dick" he said.

"Yeah, he was. But he was still your dad. You can still...grieve for the person he was supposed to be. Not the person he was" she told him.

"Did you read that somewhere?" he asked.

"Yeah, yeah probably" she laughed.

"Hey, what's going on in here, Tyler?" Mason asked as he walked in and Chloe tried to hide the flask.

"Nothing. Nothing. We're just talking" Tyler said.

Mason walked over and held his hand out, gesturing for Chloe to hand over the flask. "You got somewhere else to be?" he asked.

"Seriously?" she scoffed.

"Isn't your mom the sheriff?" Mason asked.

Chloe rolled her eyes as she handed him the flask before turning to Tyler. "If you wanna talk, you know where to find me," she said.

"Yeah. Thanks" he said, before she got up and walked out. Walking through the house she stopped when she saw Elena.

"Thank god you're here. This is seriously the weirdest day ever" Chloe said.

"What's wrong?" Elena asked.

"What's not wrong? I mean there's Tyler. And I know what you're gonna say, yes we broke up and yes I know it was for a reason. I mean not that I think we're gonna get back together but I still wanna be there for him. You know because of his dad. Then Damon-"

"What happened with Damon?" Elena asked.

"Okay, if I tell you, then you promise you won't tell anyone. Especially Caroline" Chloe said.

"I swear," Elena said.

"We kissed" Chloe sighed. "Last night, when I got home he just showed up on my doorstep. It all happened so fast and I don't know if it actually meant anything although now I'm pretty sure it didn't since he had also kissed you, well not you, Katherine."

Elena nodded as if she was taking it all in. "Do you wanna go on a walk? Clear your head" she said.

"Oh, um, yeah I guess," Chloe said, not thinking it would work but figured she'd try anyway.