03

Harry-

It only takes us twenty minutes to pack the truck and drive deeper into the woods. Due to being the eldest and knowing my way around, I volunteer to drive. Zach sits in front with me, while Jake, Roza, Mia, and Niall are squished in the back. The back seats were originally meant for three people; however, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Every few minutes, I find myself looking in the rear view mirror trying to get a glimpse of Mia. She is often staring off into the trees keeping a steady, yet soft face. Not only was I surprised at her change in physical appearance but also the way she held herself. No longer did she look like a kid to me, but more like a lady, a woman.

As I am about to turn my attention back to the road, a hand grabs at the steering wheel and swerves us to the right.

"Dude! What the hèll are you looking at? Pay attention to the road. We almost crashed into the sixty foot tree." Zach's harsh voice pulls me from staring at Mia and back at the road, ahead of me. I feel my cheeks redden at the thought of Zach knowing what, or should I say whom, I was gawking at.

After several miles of driving, we finally hit our end spot when the trees became too tall and thick to maneuver the truck around. Together, we gather the supplies and divide them to what each could carry. I try handing Jake the least amount, due to being the smallest, but he refuses to let that stand it the way by declaring he shall carry as much as I can. He receives giggles and coos from each of the girls, earning a very long eye roll from me.

"Quite the charmer he is? Hmm?" Niall laughs, grabbing the tents and a few bags of food.

"Yeah, he's whipped." Zach adds, carrying the medical box and more food.

"He'll be crushed when he finds out he's got no chance." I comment, holding the rest of the food and some hunting gear.

"Oh? And you do?" Zach snorts.

I push him gently, "More than you do."

"She's fit. I'll give you that. But I like the other one better." Niall chimes in.

"We know." Zach and I reply at the same time. Niall's face turns a light shade of red as we banter about his potential new girl.

I lock the car, once every thing is out and point onward.

"Anything you need help with?" Mia is walking next to me, eyeing the supplies I carry.

"No, thank you. Jake might need some assistance though." I nod my head towards the kid trying to carry most of the sleeping gear.

"I already tried." She giggles, sweetly.

"Yeah, well when his back breaks maybe then he will want it." I suggest. Looking ahead, I see Zach and Niall conversing, laughing every so often. Roza walks with Jake listening intently to his words. I notice Mia and I are behind a good twenty feet and no one could hear if I flirted a bit. Because god knows I would get a load of shít from everyone about it.

"So what's new?" I test the waters, hoping to get a conversation started.

"Nothing much. Just seems to be a war." She laughs the last part out, trying to lighten the mood. I smile at her attempt.

"I know, but besides that. Last time I checked, you wore glasses and had gum stuck in your braces, while you read all day. Still have your nose in books?" I playfully ask.

She laughs at the memory, "That was years ago, but yes I still like to read. It's my only escape."

"Good thing you have one. What other new stuff has occurred since I've been out here?" She looks up into the trees thinking for a few seconds, and then answers.