𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾

"One hat." The commodante began, a smug smile on his face. "One belt. And two boots. Once a symbol of honour." As he put the boots away, something toppled out. "One bottle of catnip!" He exclaimed.

"Uh...it is for my glaucoma." Puss said sheepishly.

~Meanwhile~

"Y/N, let's go. We finished the mission and we got the gold." Kitty said.

"I don't want to." You huffed.

"What?! But if we don't leave soon, all of San Ricardo will be destroyed. C'mon, we don't wanna die, now do we?" She replied.

"I'm going back for Puss." You said.

"What?! Why?" She asked, a look of shock on her face.

"I-I.." You stuttered, not really sure what to say.

"You love him?" Kitty asked. You were shocked.

'How does she know? Can she read minds?' You thought.

"Y/N, I've seen that dreamy look before. Now, if you really do love him, hurry up. I'll see if I can find Humpty." She said and she ran off. You quickly made your way over to the prison. You crept around in the shadows, and saw where the commodante put Puss' belongings. You waited till he left, and you snuck over, picking the locks and retrieving his possessions. You held onto them, as you slowly creeped towards the guards, who were at their stations. You heard a cat meow nonstop, and you assumed it was Puss. You saw the guard open his cell, and you took the chance to quickly sprint over there and jump on his shoulders, your paws covering his mouth and nose so that he would pass out. You quickly climbed off and placed his belongings at the door. You saw his head peer out from the door, and an old man as well.

"I hope you can forgive me." You began, but was cut off by the old man.

"Apology accepted!" The old man exclaimed, and ran off.

"I don't really have time for you. I have to save the town from The Great Terror." Puss snapped, and put his boots on.

"Wait, Puss! Don't you see, I'm here because... I am here because you made me realise that there is something I can care about more than gold." You confessed.

"Something?" Puss asked, smirking a little

"Okay, someone. He's about two feet tall, wears high heels." You answered.

"Handsome?"

"He's very handsome."

"A real beefcake?"

"Mmhmm."

"A stallion?"

"Yes."

"Tiger?"

"Oh, brother." You sighed. Puss laughed.

"But, this does not make us even." He said, and a spear landed between you two.

"Freeze!" The guard yelled.

"Yes it does!" You argued with him.

"No, it doesn't." He replied, protracting his claws, which somehow made the guard's pants fall down. You and Puss both leapt on the guard's face, and began running out of the prison.

"I saved you." He said, while kicking a guard's head, and you doing the same. "You owed me one." He kicked a guard in the head and you tripped a guard over. "You didn't tell me about Humpty. So now you owe me two." An elevator came down and lots of guards came out.

"Oh, you are a lot of work." You mumbled, and picked up a spear.

"I know, but I am worth it!" He answered, and you used the spear to pole vault over the guards. He began climbing up the ropes of the elevator, but it was too slow, and every second counted so you cut the rope.