Part 3: I started using it as a bin.

I - started using it as a bin.

Whenever I saw it, if I needed to get rid of some rubbish, I would just hold onto it until I found the corridor and just, threw it into the thing. God knows what would have happened if someone saw me fucking throwing rubbish into a corridor, just for it to disappear into thin air. Thinking about it, someone probably did at some point. But if you saw rubbish disappear into thin air, most people would probably assume that they just didn't it hit the ground.

I continued this behaviour for about two weeks, then I got cocky. I had a friend at the time, Mary. Well, we weren't actually friends, I just wanted to be her friend. She was very nice and cool -

Anyway, the point is I wanted to impress her. So, one day, I was walking through my school and saw Mary. And in her right, the corridor. It sat there, imitating a corridor that led to a staff room. An open invitation. So, I ran over to Mary and said I wanted to show her a magic trick, I would make a pencil disappear into thin air. I think you can see wear this is going.

After laughing a bit, she agreed and so I turned towards the corridor. My corridor. I stared into its twisted imitation of the thing it replaced, and in the distance, so far, I could barely see it, that touch of red carpet. Then, with all might, I hurled the pencil into it.

It sailed straight and true down the middle of that corridor and for Mart, it disappeared. She clapped and laughed, but I saw the pencil go further. It sailed far, so far away. The thing you must understand I was thirteen. There was no way it could have gone that far.

There was no way it could have sailed over the boundary, no way it could of continued past those imitations of walls, no way it could of gone that far. No way it could have hit something. That corridor is long, so long and there is no end.

Therefore, there is no way that the pencil could have end with a clatter. No way the sound of that clatter should have reached me, nor the terrible creak of a door at the end of that endless corridor opening.

There was no way that something should have started to walk toward me.

I turned around and ran as far away as I could. The sound of that door opening, was so- wrong. It's hard to explain. Every time I saw the corridor, my corridor, it never seemed malicious. It felt like a joke, a dare to explore its endless length. But when I heard that door open, I felt a wave of, disgust?

My corridor was a fractal, twisting into itself forever. But that door felt like I had just found an end to the pattern. And it scared me to my core.

So I ran.