#6 ride home?

—— AVANI HOLLISTER

School just ended and the girls decided they wanted to go out, I was a bit hesitant at first because I have so much homework that piled up because of my stupid obsession for procrastination.

I didn't wanna be too fancy so I stripped off my pjs and wore an oversized t-shirt with baggy grey jeans, I grabbed my phone and my headphones and slipped into my sneakers.

I heard a notification coming from my phone and grabbed it.

'We're here so hurry up!'

Willow texted me, I rolled my eyes at her text and ran down the stairs.

"MOM IM GOING OUT WITH WILLOW AND TABITHA!" I yelled loudly so she can hear.

"Have fun honey!!" She yelled back, I smiled and closed the door.

I hopped into the backseat as Willow gave me a death stare.

"Hi....?" I greeted them awkwardly.

Tabitha turned to the back and faced me, "hey girl!" She then turned to Willow and scoffed, "Will, stop looking at her and drive, the boys are probably waiting for us right now."

Boys?

No way.

"The guys are coming with us?!" I asked with my eyes widened.

"Good morning Ave, how's your head feeling? Were you so high last night that you forgot we told you?" Willow asked sarcastically with a fake pout plastered on her face.

A chuckle coming from Tabitha while a line formed on my mouth.

"Oh."

That was the only thing I could reply with.

Oh.

We got to the mall and we were walking around looking for the boys.

"Bingo!" Tabitha exclaimed before running and jumping into Aaron's arms.

God I wish i wasn't single.

"These two make me wanna throw up but they're still so freaking cute" Willow whispered in my ear making me laugh before we both went to the boys.

We greeted them and walked into the cinema, and for so reason these little knuckleheads decided they wanted to watch a horror movie even thought they would be screaming at the top of their lungs after a few seconds.

We sat down, Tabitha next to Aaron, Lucas next to Morgan, Willow next to me.

Willow leaned to my ear, "do you wanna switch seats?" She backed away, a mischievous smirk appearing on her face.

"No, go away Will" I declined her offer while facing the screen.

She rolled her eyes and we watched the movie in peace.

I looked at Willow and she was completely focused in the movie, I thought it would be a good idea to get revenge for her scaring me last time we came here.

I got closer to her, "boo!"

She gasped, the others looking at us wondering what happened.

"I'm going to kill you" She whispered while giving me a cold glare before turning back to the screen.

-

The movie just finished, finally. Surprisingly only Lucas was screaming his life out, though some of them were gasping. Obviously I wasn't scared at all because I'm superior and don't get scared that easily.

Now we're making our way to our favourite restaurant.

We sat down in one of the booths and ordered our food, it arrived quicker than usual and we all ate quickly.

Willow then had to leave because her mom needed her for something, Tabitha left with Aaron and Lucas.

That left me and Morgan alone. "Do you have a ride...?" I asked nonchalantly.

He gave me a simple nod without talking, "you?"

I shook my head shyly.

 He ran his hand through his hair, he bit his bottom lip and avoided eye contact.

"Want me to take you home?" He looked into my eyes while tilting his head, waiting for an answer.

I hesitated but agreed at the end, this is like meeting your celebrity crush but without the celebrity.

"Yeah sure" I smiled, he nodded and lead me to his car.

He had a mustang, it was blue navy, my favourite color.

"Your cars pretty" I complimented.

The side of his lips going upwards before it faded quickly, I smirked knowing I just made him smile.

He cleared his throat, "thanks."

The ride was peacefully quiet, just the sound of our breathing and the wheels screeching against the ground.

We pulled up in front of my house,

"Sorry for burdening you.." A dry chuckle leaving my mouth.

He scoffed, "What? Waiting for me to pity you?"

Ouch...

"Just get out of my car" He groaned while rolling his eyes.

Double ouch..

I nodded with my head down before opening the car door, he grabbed my wrist and put a note in my hand.

Without giving me a chance to read it he cut me off, "just so you won't keep annoying me about that stupid project" He said, I got out of the car and looked at his car before walking into my house.

He waited for me... what a gentleman, too bad he hates me.

"Sup Ave" My brother Logan greeted me.

I waved at him as I was in a rush, I ran up the stairs and slammed my door not so aggressively.

I sat on my bed and opened the note.

To Avani

You can come over to my house maybe tomorrow or after school on Monday?

We can discuss it through text, don't talk to me at school.

000 000 0000 

From Morgan

I smiled at the note and quickly added the number to my contacts, saving it as "Project partner" just in case someone sees my phone and wonders why I have a guy in my contacts.

Even though I'm a senior, my family is still very overprotective when it comes to boys, especially my brother.

My mom doesn't mind if he's a good guy, my father is the same as my mom as long as he meets him.

Thats if I had a boyfriend.

But my family will eat me up if I had a guy friend saved.

I sighed and changed my clothes before falling into a deep slumber.

-

Please comment your thoughts guys don't be a silent reader!!

~ Sofi