Part 17

Nico Di Angelo POV

I dried off my hands, glancing up at the clock.

7:01.

Finally.

I took my apron off, heading towards the door. I passed by a table with a gay couple sitting at it and smiled to myself.

Over the past 7 years, being gay had become a lot more accepted: we could even get married now.

I walked into the lobby, seeing Will standing there.

His blonde hair still shone and his skin seemed like it was glowing. I laughed to myself at that comparison. His skin only actually glows when he is healing someone or when he's really happy. But either way, h

"Hey Neeks," He turned to me, his eyes sparkling like they always did.

"Hey Will," I rolled my eyes, leaning in kissing him.

Will never dropped that nickname, even though it had been 7 years. I secretly loved it though. I don't know why. I just did. But i also refused to drop his nickname. He will always be Strawberry Blonde to me.

Will took my hand as we walked out, that beautiful smile on his face.

He opened the car door for me, waving to me to climb in. I climbed in, shaking my head. 

He was so cute like that. He would do little things like that, even though he knew i could do it by myself.

"So, how was work?" He asked, starting the car.

"Good," I smiled at him, balancing my chin in my palms as he tucked my hair behind my ear.

We had been living in the city together ever since we were old enough to leave that dreaded boarding school. Will went to medical school and was now working at the local hospital. 

It was amazing. I never imagined that this was something i had never thought could actually happen. It was more of just a dream we both talked about, a fantasy we both knew was never going to happen. But yet here we were.

"Will, where are we going?" I asked, noticing he was taking a left turn instead of a right.

"I have a surprise for you," his mouth formed back into a fine line, but i could sense a smile tugging at the edges of his lips.

"Oh, a surprise?" I raised my eyebrows, laughing.

"Mhm," he finally let a smile play on his lips, that confident smile of his making my heart go crazy.

It's funny how that still happened. All it took was a smile or a laugh from him and it made my heart rate speed up and breath stop. It never go old.

"Okay then," I leaned back, my arms resting behind my head.

We drove for about half an hour, talking about work and singing along to the songs on the radio.

We pulled up into a parking lot and Will parked the car.

"Close your eyes," Will said, turning to me.

"Alright," I nodded, closing my eyes.

"Follow me, okay?" Will took my hand, pulling me up.

"I swear to the gods Sunshine Boy, if you let me fall-"

"Don't worry, you trust me don't you?" He laughed.

"No,"

"Nico, we've been dating for 8 years, you've got to have at least a little bit of trust in me," He started walking, slowly guiding me to where ever we were going.