Part 16

I sighed, rolling over onto my back slowly, trying not to wake Will up.

I couldn't sleep. I don't know why. Just my brain just wouldn't turn off. 

"You okay Neeks?" Will whispered, his arm tightening around my chest.

I glanced down at him. His eyes were still closed and there was a slight smile on his lips.

"Yeah, i just can't sleep," I whispered back, brushing his hair out of his face.

"Me neither," he yawned, sitting up.

I glanced at the clock. 

1:21 am.

I sighed to myself. It was way too early.

"I'm going to go get some fresh air, you wanna come with me?" He stood up, extending his hand toward me.

"Why not," I smiled, taking his hand.

I followed him out to the balcony, climbing up the ladder.

I slipped slightly, Wills arm reached up and wrapped around my waist, steadying me.

"You okay Death Boy?" He laughed slightly.

I flashed back to that first night when this same thing had happened. I smiled, thinking about those months that seemed so long ago. 

That was before we had kissed. Before everything.

"I'm fine Strawberry Blonde," I pushed his hand slowly, letting my hand stay on his for a little longer than it should have.

"Okay, okay," he pulled his hand away as I continued to climb.

Once i got to the top, i glanced around the roof i now knew so feel. It wasn't much. Just a bunch of grey metal stuff. I didn't really pay attention to what it actually was.

I felt Will's arm wrap around my waist, spinning me around.

I giggled slightly catching myself by grabbing his arms.

"Careful there Neeks," he laughed again, his sweet southern accent shining through.

I felt myself blush slightly as I smiled, staring down at our feet.

"Hey, let me see that beautiful smile," Will's hand cupped under my chin, raising it up so I could look into his eyes.

I looked into his eyes, those sweet, blue eyes and felt my heart melting all over again. It was that feeling i got when he first kissed me and the feeling I had felt ever since.

"There we go," His hand slowly slipped back down to my waist, tracing down my arm and torso as it went.

I readjusted my grip on him, wrapping one of my arms around his neck, my other hand gripping his bicep, the warmth of his skin sending chills up my spine. 

"I love you Nico," He whispered, his lips brushing against my neck, making my heart stop.

"Will," I groaned, my hand pressing up against his chest, leaning back slightly.

"Yes?" He tucked my hair behind my ear, his fingers tracing down the side of my face.

My air was ripped from my body and my lungs stopped working.

Fuck, he was so hot.

Sometimes I didn't understand how this guy was my boyfriend. He was so handsome, funny, and charming. His was everything you would imagine a perfect guy to be. 

I leaned in and pressed my lips against his. He kissed me back, stepping forward slightly.

I moved back, running into the wall that was behind me.

I ran my fingers through his hair, those silky locks of his slipping through my hand.

 Will pulled his lips from mine slowly, his arms still wrapped around my waist.

"You're so cute Neeks," he whispered, tracing his finger down my arm.

My face grew warm and I glanced down at our feet again.

"No I'm not," I whispered, shaking my head.

He lifted my chin up, looking me in the eyes.

"I very much disagree with that," he slowly ran his fingers through my hair.

"Well i disagree with you," I started when his fingers pressed to my lips.

"Neeks, do you want me to go on another rant because you know I will," Will crossed his arms, his eyes having that look as if he was glaring but he wasn't. I don't know, it was hard to explain. 

But it was so hot.

"Sorry, sorry," I raised my hands in surrender, laughing.

"Good," he kissed me again, the strawberry taste on his lips filling my mouth.

"Now come on," He pulled out his phone, playing that Ed Sheeran (don't get mad at me okay, the music I listen to is mostly in Italian so i don't know many songs that are popular. ).

His arm wrapped around my back, his other hand taking mine. I interlocked our fingers. I wrapped my other arm around his shoulder.

"Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was

I will not give you up this time,"

Will sung along to the song and I chimed in with the little lyrics I knew, not caring how off key I was or who heard. All that mattered was me and Will.

"But darling, just kiss me slow

Your heart is all I own

And in your eyes, you're holding mine,"

At that moment, it was possible to believe that no one else was in the world. It could have been just us at that moment, alone in the world. And I would love that. I didn't care about anyone else, only Will.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark,

With you between my arms, "

I laughed slightly at the irony of those last lyrics as Will spun me around catching me in his arms again.

"Barefoot on the grass, 

listening to our favourite song,

When you said you looked a mess,"

Will sent me a look at that last lyric, his smile making his skin look like it was glowing.

I whispered underneath my breath

But you heard it

Darling you look perfect tonight,"

He picked me up, spinning me around in the air.

I laughed, my hands on his shoulders as I stared up at the stars, smiling to myself at their beauty.

"I love you so much," I whispered as i felt my feet slowly lowered to the ground.

I leaned in, my lips pressing against his.

I loved him with everything I had. 

And at that moment, with his arms wrapped around my torso, my hands on his face, our lips pressed together, I knew that no matter what happened, I was going to stay with Will.

I don't care whether or not he can keep me safe, he was all I needed and that was enough.

(word count: 1008)