Chapter 7: Some Good Bad News

**KATIE'S POV**
*SUNDAY*

I walked up to Alexa's house with butterflies in my stomach- I think you can guess who for... I've got to remember to act weird around Lucas so Alexa thinks i like him instead of her (it's worked all these years- except for her mom.. HOW DID SHE KNOW??) Anyway, IM GOING TO SEE ALEXA!!

And I've got to avoid my mom. Can't forget that.

My hand went for the doorknob and I quickly opened it to see Lori doing a sort of run jog towards me flapping her hands around- at that moment, I wasn't sure if she was having a seizure or not.!

"KATIEEEE!" She squealed, which was very high for a woman in her 40's. She started to hug me and I had no idea what was up as I saw her yesterday but it was nice I guess. Wait.

She was excited because Alexa was there. She wanted to see us together again.But she told me she didn't think she would like me . With her being with Spencer and everything...

Eventually, she ended the hug and I could look around to see if Alexa was there.

She was standing so perfectly behind Lori and now I could see her full body and her beautiful hair... I practically almost ran into her arms.

"ALEXA!"
"katie..!"she said a few seconds after me but more tired and upset.

I finally focused in on her beautiful round face that I had missed all year. She was crying, her mascara went all the way down to her chin.

At that moment, I didn't think of reasons why she might had been crying, I just wanted to make her feel better.

I gave her a sympathetic look and grabbed her (once again) PERFECTTT, cold hand and dragged her to her room in case she wanted some privacy away from her mom.

I missed doing things like this, me looking after her. And now I get to!!