Cabin Three and Duels

"Good game. The name's Thalia," the Hunter with the silver tiara said. "What's your name?"

"Ada," I replied.

"Ada, would you like to join the Hunters of Artemis?" Thalia asked.

"Maybe. I only got here today, and it's a big change."

"Well, if your interested, here is something you can use to get ahold of me," Thalia handed me a silver card. "The Hunters welcome you."

"Thanks." I walked over to where Percy and Annabeth were talking with their friends. "Hi."

"Ada, that was amazing!" Jason said. "The way you ran so fast was mind blowing!"

I blushed. "You were watching me?"

He scratched the back of his head. "Well, they set up some good traps."

I laughed. "I'm tired, where can I sleep?"

Percy stood. "Come with me."

I followed Percy to a stone building decorated with tridents. "Welcome to Cabin three."

The inside was decorated to make it seem like you were underwater. "It's beautiful," I said, touching the walls.

"Do you like it?" Percy asked.

"Like it? I love it!" I threw my arms around him in a big bear hug. He hugged me back.

"You're a great sister. I'll see you in the morning." Percy went back to his friends.

I chose a bed with a light blue quilt and sat on it. Remembering the letter, I pulled it out of my pocket.

Dear Ms. Pendleton,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Headmistress

First-year students will require:

Three sets of plain work robes (black)
One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

Fourth year students will require:

Dress Robes (only for special occasions that will occur through the year)
The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 4 by Miranda Goshawk
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

After I read that letter, I found a second letter behind it.

Dear Ms. Pendleton,

If you are reading this, then be delighted. Your grandfather, Voldemort, has been defeated! I know not if I will still be living, but I personally invite you to Hogwarts. Although you may be older, we could not have you come while Voldemort was in power in case he came after you. Nitwit. Bobble. Hoot toot. Wimbledon.

Sincerely,

Albus Dumbledore
Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards
Headmaster of Hogwarts

I wasn't invited to Hogwarts because of a grandfather I never met? That wasn't fair at all! As exhaustion swept over me, I curled up on my bed and closed my eyes.

I woke up to sunlight shining in my eyes. I groggily reached for my glasses. "What time is it?"

"Bout time you woke up. C'mon, breakfast starts in a few minutes." I looked up and saw a teen with black hair and sea green eyes.

"Good morning to you too," I laughed. "Can we eat now? I'm starving."

Percy and I walked down to the dining pavilion. I had double chocolate pancakes, and he had blue waffles. "Do blue waffles taste different from normal waffles?" I asked.

"What do normal waffles taste like?"

I thought for a moment. "You've never had normal waffles?"

"No. Why don't we train later?" I agreed, and soon we were down at arena.

I pulled out my dagger, and Percy took a pen out of his pocket. He uncapped it, and a large gleaming bronze sword was in his hand.

"Are you sure you don't want to use a sword?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I replied. I could barely blink as Percy suddenly lunged forward.

I parried his blade with Tidebringer, and faked to the left. Expecting it, Percy swung his sword, and I ducked and rolled, tripping him with my foot. I stood back up and tried to get a hit in, but Percy was like lightning. Slowly, we exited the arena, still dueling. Campers ducked from our wayward swings, and soon a crowd had gathered.

Starting to feel exhaustion, I tried to end the duel, but Percy wouldn't give up. I resorted only to defensive maneuvers, and I continued to back up. Once I felt the waves lapping at my feet, I grinned. I could feel my strength returning, and I attacked with so much force that I knocked Percy back a few feet. Percy realized what had happened, and stepped into the water.

We began using the water to fight as well. I swirled Tidebringer through the calm water, and a pillar of seawater formed under my feet. I rose up into the sky, then made the pillar crash down on Percy. He fell onto his back and I landed on top of him. I held my dagger at his throat.

"Okay, okay," he said. "You win."

I stood and offered a hand to him. Percy grabbed it, and pulled me down with him. "Hey!"

The campers gathered at the water's edge clapped as we walked out of the water. Thalia was standing nearby with a few Hunters. She waved, and I walked over to her.

"Quite impressive. I didn't know Percy was your brother," she said.

"I didn't know till yesterday either," I said.

"We're leaving later today, but my offer still stands. Just say my name and touch the card, and we'll be able to talk."

"You are pretty good with that dagger," a voice told me. I whirled around and saw Annabeth. "Nice job."

"Oh, uh, thanks," I stammered, brushing some of my hair behind my ear. A girl with wild red hair walked up behind Annabeth.

"Hi! I'm Rachel Elizabeth Dare, Oracle, but you can call me Rachel," she said.

"Hi, I'm Ada," I said.

Rachel was about to say something, but her body tensed and green smoke billowed out of her mouth.

"The gods' spawn shall magic bear,
And broken ties thou shalt repair.
Waves of wisdom will depart
To those noble of heart."

Rachel fainted, but two campers caught her.

"A new prophecy?" Annabeth mused quietly. "It can't be the new Great Prophecy."

"What just happened?" I asked, extremely confused.

"Rachel just gave a new prophecy," Annabeth said. "Come on, we need to tell Chiron."