Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry for the mistake I was high whale writing thia

"Y/n, you have a visitor. It's your brother, Rob."

"But my brother died a year ago..."

Y/n Pov
My body had woken me up earlier than I would have liked. But can you blame me? I was nervous about meeting Sal's friend, Larry. Even though I had no real reason to be, the fear still crept up inside me; an unwanted feeling of dread. That's just how I was with meeting new people though. Sal said he was getting me at 1 so that gave me an hour and change to get ready. I want to make a good impression when we meet. Actually, I want to have a good impression on everyone I meet. I mean a new town doesn't have to just mean switching schools. It's a chance to reinvent myself too. So whatever unsatisfied me in my past life, this is my chance to create a brand new one.

Starting with a change of clothes. I met Sal last night in my week-old sweats and a hoodie that had pizza sauce stains on it. I'm just glad it was dark out so hopefully, he couldn't see how much of a mess I was. A long, hot shower should fix the current state that I'm in. This shower was something that was needed. I scrubbed my body from head to toe, not missing a single area of my skin. I even shaved. Go me! Steam flooded the hall when I opened the door, wrapped in a towel that covered my body and hair.

I walked back into my room, closed the door behind me, and started looking through my boxes for clean clothes. I still had some of my stuff packed away due to my laziness, so this brown box was my unofficial official closet. Since we were staying in the building, I didn't need anything going out worthy. I settled for clean sweatpants and a clean shirt, some jewelry, and a simple hairstyle; an updo. It's way too hot to have my hair out. I went to check how I looked in the mirror, ironing out any slight imperfections with the outfit, and then went to the kitchen for breakfast. Since I've been living off of pizza for the last couple of days now, I can feel my body shutting down from all the grease it was digesting. So I think I'm due for an actual meal.

An everything bagel with cream cheese would hit right about now.

And so that is exactly what I made for myself along with a glass of orange juice and my usual morning meds. I also made Rob a bagel and left it out for him just in case he was hungry as well. The bagel tasted so good that it was completely gone before I knew it. Just as I put my dishes away, the doorbell rang and I ran over to get it. It was 1 pm on the dot. Sal was right on time.

"Hey Sal, nice to see you again," I say smiling up at him. He had on the same clothes from yesterday, but seeing it in the daylight looks a hell of a lot better than I imagined. "Hey, Y/n. Ready to go?" He asked, jerking his head in the direction of the elevators. "Yup, lemme just grab my keys real quick." He nods and leans up against the door to wait for me while I run off. I went to my room to grab my stuff, then I went to Rob's room to yell out a quick See you later before running out again. "Alright, let's go."

Sal led the way and I just followed without a thought in my mind. I found out that if I think of nothing, my nervousness will subside, granting me closure. We rode the elevator down to the basement; Sal inserted a key card to get us down there. When we stepped out, faint music flooded the small hallway. The walls vibrated more and more the closer we got to Larry and Lisa's apartment. Without knocking, Sal just walked in and then stepped aside to let me through as well. I guess with the music up at full volume, knocking is next to useless.

Larry's place has the same setup as the rest of the apartments; two bedrooms, one bathroom, one kitchen, and a living area. As I took in the homely ambiance of the apartment, Sal marched over to a door with a keep-out sign hung up and started banging on it loudly. The sound startled me out of my daze and I gave Sal a look that screamed "What the fuck." He put up his hands in defense as if to say sorry and I just went back to admiring the apartment.