Sparks Flying

Chishiya led you towards a red car. As he grabbed the handle, a boy spoke to him, "uh I was gonna take that car" he snarled. Chishiya turned and just looked at him. His empty stares were the scariest. "Too late" he spoke, and sat inside the car. He started the engine and you sat down in the passengers seat beside him. "Are you going to the game near the main city? I'm going there too" a girl spoke through the window, and reached for the door, but Chishiya locked it. "Hey, what gives. Let me go with you" she tried pulling the handle. You looked at him, he was waiting for her to leave. "Ugh fine" she scowled and stormed away to a different car. As soon as she left, he started driving out of the area and onto the roads.

He drove fast, speeding past everything. His eyes were laser-focused on the road. Silence fell in the car. The only sound to be heard was the wheels on the road and the wind whistling past the car. It wasn't a long journey, soon you arrived at the arena.

He stepped out of the car and you followed. He led you inside the building, and the two of you grabbed a phone each. There were a few others already waiting there. Chishiya stood and waited, leaning against the wall, with his hood up and his arms crossed. You stood next to him quietly. He leaned in to you and whispered, "this is a test" You looked up at him in confusion. "I'm going to be testing your survival rate. To see if you have what it takes to become an executive" You furrowed your eyebrows at him. "Why am I becoming an executive?" You questioned. "You aren't. I'm seeing if you could become one. If you succeed, I'll have a word with Hatter"

You looked down at your phone.
Four of diamonds.
The game voice spoke over the speakers, and a door opened. The group all walked inside, only to find a room full of electrical wires, and giant metal rods hanging from the ceiling. As you all entered, the door locked behind you, and the game began. Water started filling in the room from the walls. "What the hell" you exclaimed, lifting your foot out of the water. "Are they going to drown us" someone else shouted. "What's this" a woman spoke, touching the metal rod near her, before being brutally electrocuted and falling dead in the water. Screams were heard around the room.

"If the water touches these rods, we'll all die" you realised out loud. Looking down at the new rules that appeared on your phone, you slowly read through it all. "We need to find out which switch turns on that light bulb in that room" you pointed at the singular bulb in a small room beside you all.

"So.... Any ideas?" Chishiya asked, looking around the room. Most faces were frazzled and scared, and were probably not even thinking straight right now. "We only have one chance to flip the switch with the door open... but which do we choose" you spoke as you looked nervously at the switches.
"Well there's only one chance! So pick the right one or we'll all die!!" And agitated man shouted, the water now at your knees level.
"Then you choose it?!" You shouted back. "Go on. If you're so clever" The man backed down from your words. Clearly he didn't any clue either. Chishiya turned to you. "You know the answer. What would you do" he prompted you to think.

You looked back at the switches. "If we can only switch one while looking at the light bulb, let's just go with the middle one" you answered.
"Why" he questioned. He really wanted you to explain your thinking process to him. "I don't know, but we have to try one. And it's an equal chance that it's either of them" you replied. Chishiya nodded his head, "okay, then go for it. Anyone have any objections? Or other ideas?"
"No no, do it, go for it" people around the room encouraged you to pull the middle switch.
"Okay.." you closed your eyes and pulled the switch. From the lack of noise in the room, you realised it must not have been the right switch. You opened your eyes and looked at the bulb. It wasn't lit.

Now you have to guess which one it is without looking at the bulb. The water had risen to your waist now. The pressure was on, and everyone was clearly more terrified. Sparks flew around from the live wires around the room. You looked back at the switches. There was no way to know if the bulb is on because the door will be closed now, and when the door is open, the light is switched off. You looked up and saw Chishiya staring at you, watching you and studying you. You thought to yourself. What indicates that a light bulb has been on? It's not like the light would remain in the room even after you switch it off. And the door wouldn't open fast enough to see the light switch off. The only thing left was..