The Beginning

Klay and Fidel were sitting in the library, surrounded by stacks of books and papers. They were both studying for their exams, but their minds were somewhere else. They were both passionate about fighting for freedom and justice in the Philippines, and they often found themselves discussing the latest news and events related to the country's political situation.

"Hey, have you seen the latest news?" Klay asked Fidel, looking up from his book.

"No, what happened?" Fidel replied, closing his notebook.

"There's been another rally in Manila, calling for an end to the government's corruption and oppression," Klay said, his eyes shining with excitement.

"Wow, that's amazing," Fidel said, leaning forward. "I wish we could be there, making our voices heard."

"I know, right?" Klay said, his voice filled with frustration. "But we're stuck here in this university, studying for exams that won't change the world."

"Hey, don't be so pessimistic," Fidel said, placing a hand on Klay's shoulder. "We're doing our part by educating ourselves and getting ready to make a difference. And who knows, maybe one day we'll be in the front lines of the fight for freedom."

"Yeah, you're right," Klay said, his spirits lifted by Fidel's words. "Maybe one day we will."

Just then, they heard a strange noise coming from behind a stack of books. They looked at each other in confusion and then got up to investigate. As they walked towards the noise, they saw a bright light coming from behind the books. Klay reached out and pushed the books aside, revealing a mysterious portal.

"What the...?" Fidel said, staring at the portal in shock.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling we're meant to go through it," Klay said, his eyes filled with determination.

"Are you sure?" Fidel asked, looking at Klay with concern. "We don't know where it leads or what will happen."

"I'm sure," Klay said, taking Fidel's hand. "We were meant to find this portal, and we were meant to go through it. Together."

With that, they stepped through the portal, not knowing where it would take them or what they would find on the other side. But they were determined to face whatever lay ahead, together.