3

I don't usually care about what people say about me, but it's frustratingly bothering me that of all people, Kaizer was the one who helped me yesterday. I haven't seen him in a long time, and will admit that I had a tiny crush on him a few years back.

Does he know? I don't know. But one thing is for sure. I don't go around confessing to people that I like them. I prefer admiring from afar, and kind of just like waiting for them to make the first move. Kinda ambitious for someone like me, but that's just how I am. Partly because of how I am not such a socializing type of person. Never the socializing type.

And so, it's really awkward that I am sitting together with Kaizer in the canteen, 'catching up' though none of us is really talking. He's busy with his phone as he's been receiving a lot of calls ever since earlier. He's well-known, has lots of friends, and is a working student, working as an assistant to the librarian. That, I just knew when he told me earlier.

“Tell me if you're going to the library. I've got a lot of books to recommend!” I recalled him excitingly saying so earlier. Looking at the cold drink in front of me, I sighed as that's what it feels at the moment. Cold air and silence between us. I don't know how to feel. If I should be thankful that I don't have to listen to stories or share one, or sad because I expected to have his full attention since he invited me to this. All I know is that I have to find a way to somehow get out of this situation. I slowly picked up my bag and stood, trying to get away unnoticed, but failed miserably.

“Are you okay?” he asks, looking worried.

“Yeah, I just hit my knee on the table. Anyways, I have to go. Let catch up some other time,” I said, walking away as fast as I could. I heard him calling me but I payed no mind. I just embarrassed myself in front of him for the second time.

On the way out of the canteen, I bumped into a senior student. She's so pretty that I had my eyes wide open. Could be due to shock, too, but she's really pretty.

“Oh my, I'm so sorry!” I apologized.

“It’s okay, no one's hurt, anyway. At least not me. Are you alright?”

“Yes. I am really sorry, I am such in a hurry,” I apologized again.

“Yeah, it's fine. Go on, now. Before you get late for wherever you're headed to,” she said with a smile and walked away, into the canteen.

I stared at her for a while before finally walking away after getting weird stares from the students entering the canteen. I really should stop randomly spacing out at random places and random times.