3

Makarov grinned widely as his very first letters flew into his hand, it was the end of the week. Both blondes stuck to their words and sent letters at the end of the week. It has been a week since he last saw his grandson and hopefully granddaughter-in-law. 

Dear Master,

Hello! It’s Lucy, how are you? I sincerely hope that you are not pushing yourself too much with the guild work. Let Mira help, alright?

Anyways! Laxus and I arrived in the forest near Hargeon just the day we departed from Magnolia. The things we are looking for are separated into seven parts, so I am hopeful that we will find it here. Laxus decided that I needed training, and actually it was helpful? Since Porlyusica-san mentioned that my health is declining, she said that exercises would do me good. I told Laxus about my health too… So he isn’t as harsh as he used to with his team, he’s trying to be gentle yet not with me.

Can you also ask Porlyusica-san if she could send my medications monthly through you?

Love,
Lucy

Makarov grinned, look at his grandson, trying to make moves on his precious Lucy. And while he is happy that Laxus and Lucy are growing on each other fast, he was happy for his grandson who was finally not letting his past crimes get the best of him.

He just hopes that both of them find happiness with each other. They both deserve it. Looking down on the paper again, he frowned, Lucy didn’t mention the guild at all, probably still feeling hurt about everything. He doesn’t blame her a bit.

He placed down her letter and picked up Laxus’s letter to read it. It was, after all, his grandson’s letter to him after many years since he was young.

Hey Gramps,

It’s Laxus, blondie over here keep insisting I write you a letter so here I am, writing you a shitty letter.

That punk he swears.

Anyways, how’s your health? Those idiots better not be stressing you out. Blondie is right, let Mira handle some of the papers. Or maybe of those geezers;  Macao and Wakaba.

Things have been well, I guess. Lucy told me about her health, so now we’re searching for the “thing” by the time you got this letter. She still won’t tell me what it originally was, but I’ll get her to talk.

I also got her to train.. Well, it’s more of an exercise routine considering her health. Am I doing it right, Gramps? I’m a bit clumsy when it comes to this..

YOU BETTER NOT TELL ANYONE ABOUT THAT PART.

Your Grandson,
Laxus

That got a laugh out of him. That boy has been scared of showing emotions ever since then, the old man is glad to have him try to express it, even if it starts with someone he could trust.

Just as they said, he did have Mirajane and Macao assist him two weeks later. During that time, the blonde duo moved into the forest of Shirotsume and Clover. They’re leaving the Fiore borders soon. In Lucy's last letter, it would seem that both she and Laxus have developed a talent for cooking, and she did confess of “feeling something” for his grandson; due to the boy giving her gifts and kind gestures.

That punk Laxus should just be straightforward with his feelings for her. He thought as he thought about Laxus's letter after that one. He confessed that he did have genuine feelings for Lucy, he wasn't sure about the way he was showing it to her.

"I think I spooked her with them,'' he says. It made Makarov sigh in defeat to no end, why can't they just get together and give him great-grandchildren.

Two months have passed since then. They were making progress, thankfully.

Dear Gramps,

I think I just got the shock of my life, no pun intended. I won't say anything because Lucy says so; she literally threatened me with a knife on the neck.

But there was more about Lucy's health declining, and she did it to herself, that's all I'm allowed to say. So right now, we just finally found the first of the seven pieces needed.

Lucy gained new Spirits, they're called Seven Colored Primordial. She loves them, they adore her to the core, especially that one bastard spirit who's probably much worse than the lion.

Anyways, I think I'll confess soon, just wanted to let you know.

Your Grandson,
Laxus

He almost shouted in happiness at that. Two months, it took two months for him to confess.

The week after that, he received just one letter and a small package, unusual than the normal two letters per week.

Dear Gramps,

It's Laxus and Lucy, we just wanted to say that we got together. By estimation when this arrived to you, Laxus confessed after the last letter.

We talked a lot the day after. We decided that it was fine for you to tell everyone that we are gone. They won't be able to find us anyways, we found the second piece, we're leaving the continent to find the third.

We still will send letters to you, don't worry. But we'd say tell them on your own way in a month? That would be the three month mark anyways.

Love,
Laxus and Lucy

He had a teary smile by the end of that letter, they're finally together. He opened the small package and it turns out, it was a picture frame of Laxus and Lucy, from what it looks like it was the night he confessed, it was a moving portrait too. Laxus was spinning her and kissed her, they both had smiles on their faces.

They look so happy. And that was enough for him.