Introduction

Before the Age of the Priestesses, it was the Age of the Gods. Once numbered in the hundreds they had all died out, one after another. As if something or someone were draining their life essence until only three gods remained. Sowing fear, anger and distrust in each other, they left the red lands of Kamali together with their worshippers and journeyed east, what came to be known as the Great Exodus.

They formed the three great nations, God Countries, of O'tinel, Zaera and Matoha. They watched with pride as the population grew as the agriculture and economy flourished. Alongside these developments, were the old feelings of hatred between the gods, greed for more territories and the vainglory of each countrymen. And then came the wars.

There have been many battles and skirmishes but none as memorable as the border town of Sorel, between the countries of O'tinel and Zaera, decimated and now in ruins. But even that pales in comparison to the First Great War twenty years later which ended in a ceasefire. However, the scent of war wafted over the continent again that would have insured the extinction of both man and gods. If not for a tiny ripple made by a young and rebellious woman. This is a story about three women. A story about how a runaway, a trickster and a rebel helped reshape our world.