Chapter 23

*EDITED*

When I pulled up to Caitlyn's driveway, her mum and dad stood outside her house screaming at each other. I looked at Caitlyn and she sighed, when I stopped the car they stopped screaming. Their attention were given to my car instead. Caitlyn opened the door and walked out of the car. I didn't know what to do so I just followed her.

I looked at her parents, and they turned to me and it all hit me like yesterday. I remember them, this is not good.

Why haven't I seen it? Caitlyn looks so alike her mother.

"I really don't think I want to know what you guys are yelling for." She murmured and they looked at me when I walked up behind her, she looked at me and sighed.

"Who is this?" My mum asked and I swallowed. She looked at me with curious eyes and I looked at her with a fake smile, what else should I do?

"Not only you guys have friends, you know!" She murmured, she looked at her father and raised an eyebrow. "This is Harmon." She said fast.

Wait, what! Harmon?

I was going to correct myself when she suddenly dragged me upstairs. I just looked behind me at her parents who looked at each other, before her mother walked off.

I turned my gaze back to Caitlyn. She sat down on her bed and I stood by the door and looked at her. I looked at her face, she seemed upset about it. Her parents fighting, I've never been through those kind of fights so I wouldn't know what it would be like, However it actually made me upset too. It reminded me of my mother and father somehow, they never actually talked to each other, but they were both sure about my suffering.

For all I know she could be upset about something Else too, because I don't know her life at all. Or how she lived when she was younger, wasn't it my responsibility to find out? Because she was my girlfriend now? Perhaps I should take my time into finding out what this girl is hiding just underneath her skin?

Perhaps I will find something worth loving more, something worth all my time?

"You okay?" I asked her softly. She turned her head and looked up at me, she sighed and shook her tiny head. She was so smart though, to be so small.

"I'm just tired of them fighting all the time, that's all." She murmured and laid down in her bed. I slowly walked towards her and smiled a little. I laid down next to her small body and looked down at her.

"It's not something worth worrying for, you know. It's their life, not yours." I told her and bit my bottom lip. He hummed and looked at the roof, at the small stars glued to the world above her. I looked at her and grabbed her hand and squeezed it lightly. She looked up at me and smiled weakly, she leaned into me and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Sorry, it just makes me upset." She whispered. I smiled weakly and laid my cheek against her head and closed my eyes,

"It's nothing to be sorry about," I said with closed eyes. I looked down at our hands when she squeezed it back, sending a warm feeling throughout my body.

"What is happening to my life? I could've run away if I wanted too, but I didn't and I don't know why. And you hurt me, and I should've been very angry at you, afraid of you, but I couldn't bring myself to be. And then you started to be all sweet and gently, and I-"

"Before you, my whole world was all dark. Sometimes it still is, when you're not around." I explained as I interrupted her. She looked up at me and I looked back into her eyes. "You turned the lights back on," I whispered and ran my hand down her cheek with a handsome smile. "I really didn't want to believe this shit at first either, but when I did, it was like every worry just vanished. I can admit I was a complete asshole, and I still am. But to you, I just can't help to feel so gentle and nice. It's just happening around you, never happened around anybody else." I explained and she listened to every word I said. Her eyes sparkling by every word. "I was like this before once, however, that's a long time ago," I explained, I really didn't know how to explain this love shit. I'm not good at explaining myself either, it's new for me even if I've loved someone, it's still new to me.