Separated

It had been quite a while now. Days with the octet consisted of traveling, planning, and making sure they're all safe. They were all traveling, with no real idea as to where their destination was.

As for the horcrux, there wasn't much they could do with it. To keep it safe, the group took turns in wearing it. For the past day or two, it had been Ron's time.

And so at the tent they stayed. In the middle of nowhere familiar. The moon gleaming brightly, a waning crescent. Outside of their bubble of magic, there was so tent in sight. No noises of people talking. No flashy spells being performed.

"Do me, next!" Peter exclaimed as Sirius cut Harry's hair. More of a desperately needed trim.

"Relax everybody, there's only one Sirius to go around." Sirius lifted his hands from Harry's hair and raised them in the air. Remus smiled at the boy and rolled his eyes at his antics.

Hermione laughed at Sirius's words. She  sat on a chair next to Remus, watching the others interact. James, Lily, and Ron had already went to sleep. The others probably should too, though staying awake and just chatting sounded much more appealing than sleeping.

For a second, Hermione stopped laughing, leaving the room in silence. They all turn to look at her, with the exception of Sirius. He was far too focused on perfecting that small chunk of hair that absolutely nobody will notice.

"Oh my god." The girl sighs out as she clambers to the table behind her.

"What?" Harry nonchalantly asks.

"I'll tell you all in a minute." The prominent tone of urgency was alarming that this was important.

"Maybe you can tell us now." Harry said as he leaned over to where Hermione was. He gripped the edge of the table and peered at what Hermione was doing.

"The sword of Gryffindor. It's goblin made" She simply states as she glances up at him and the others.

"Great. Brilliant!"

"What about it?"

"No, you lot don't understand. Dirt and Rust have no effect on the blade. It only takes in that which makes it stronger." She slides the book that was in her hands, to the opposite end of the table for the rest to look at.

"Ok..."

Hermione grew increasingly frustrated, "Harry! You already  destroyed one horcrux, right? Tom Riddle's diary, chamber of secrets."

"With a basilisk fang. If you tell me, you've got one of those in that bloody bag of yours-"

"She probably does, somewhere in there."

"See! Don't you see, in the chamber of secrets you stabbed the basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor."

"Which means it's blade is impregnated with a basilisk venom." Sirius says out loud, finally connecting the puzzle pieces.

"Exactly oh- Sirius it's probably best if you put those scissors down." Hermione says as she finds Sirius waving his scissors around when she turns to face him.

"It only takes in that what makes it stronger..." Harry sat down on the bench.

"Which is why-"

"It can destroy horcruxes!" Harry finishes.

"And that's why Dumbledore left it to you in the will." Remus adds.