13 ~ Decided Fate

Both the boys stood up as Tonowari ordered. They stood close to each other but didn't touch.

Jake stood by Tonowari, he looked at his son and Aonung but didn't say a word.

"Your mothers told us what happened. You made Tsaheylu without permission." Tonowari said.

Both Aonung and Neteyam were anxious, palms sweating and ears lowered.

"Aonung, I am so disappointed with you. You know you are to be bonded with Zese of the Heynetoní family but you disobeyed me."

"Father but~" Aonung wanted to explain but his father wouldn't let him.

"No, I have made my decision. You and Neteyam cannot make contact with each other, meanwhile, me and Lìoq Heynetoní (Zese's father) will sort something out. This clan needs a respectable Tshìk who can care for our people. Whatever you two have going on isn't going to work, Neteyam isn't Metekyina and will never be a worthy leader for our people. You cannot even produce an hier." Even after calming down, Tonowari's mind had not changed. He was completely against it.

Both Neteyam and Aonung were speechless. Again, Neteyam's eyes started watering and Aonung looked so broken.

Jake could see how both of the boys felt from their facial expressions alone so he spoke up.

"Olo'eyktan, please think about what you are doing. They are already bonded. They love each other. If you keep them away from each other they won't be happy, they are one now."

"Yes he is right Olo'eyktan" Neytiri added, "even if you make an arrangement with Lìoq Heynetoní, and Zese and Aonung do have an heir and rule together, they cannot make Tsaheylu, they will never be fulfilled. And what about Neteyam? Who will he have? He cannot just watch his mate be with another person."

Both Jake and Neytiri didn't like what Tonowari's decision but had to stay calm and respect him as he provided them with a home and could easily take it away just as easily.

"Tono, you need to consider their feelings. We were just like them when we were young. Imagine if your father had said the same to us." Said ronal.

"My decision is final, I have to think of the future of our people. We respected our family values when we were young, they have made a mistake and these are the consequences. Aonung, you have shamed this family." Tonowari stayed loyal to his word.

"Father please, I Love~" Aonung said as he tried to step toward his father.

"AONUNG ENOUGH! Jake Sully, you and your family should return to your hut." Tonowari concluded.

Still, Neteyam hadn't spoken a word, he just stared at Tonowari with his widened eyes for what felt like hours.

"Come on Neteyam." Neytiri said as she tapped her sons shoulder and made her way out, he didn't hesitate to go with her without looking back. Jake followed.

"Wait, Ma Teyam please~" Aonung said but it was too late, the Sullys were gone and Aonung was left alone with his parents.

Aonung's sorrow soon turned to anger when he looked at his father.

Aonung's POV

"Look what you did Father. Did you see his face? He was so humiliated. Father, me and Zese will never mate, I do not want her, you need to stop trying to keep me from him." Aonung said as he looked into his Fathers eyes.

"Aonung, you do not question your fathers judgment." Said Ronal.

"Or what? Is he going to banish me from my own land?" Aonung shouted.