Chapter 27 Don't Worry

Chapter 27

Nicolas

I closed up my computer after finishing several emails and taking care of other business online. I stood up and stretched before I wandered out of my home office. Passing through the kitchen I grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge and headed upstairs to the second floor of my apartment...of our apartment. Finn had already begun moving some of his things in.

"How's it going?" I asked as I stood in the doorway of the guestroom we were turning into a nursery. We had moved all of the furniture out and Finn was painting murals before we moved the new baby furniture in. It was only yesterday that we met the tiny little girl that had immediately captured our hearts, but we were moving fast with our plans. We wanted everything perfect before we were allowed to take her home, and with our lawyers working on it, we hoped that would be very soon.

"Good! Well...what do you think?"

I stepped in further and looked around. In the area we were planning on putting her crib and changing table he had sketched out a meadow scene with animals playing, there were bunnies, birds, squirrels, a red fox, a small deer, a porcupine, an otter and a toad.

"I know it's very Thornton Burgess, but I thought she would like it," he said blushing.

"I love it Finn."

"Look over on that wall."

I looked behind me and my eyes went wide. "It's the island!" Finn had painted a scene from my island home with all the rich colors of the Caribbean.

"I want her to get used to it, I figure we'll be taking her there a lot."

"I'd like that...speaking of which..."

"Mmm?" Finn asked as he continued painting the meadow scene.

"I had an idea, I think we'll need some help around here, cooking, helping out with Paisley..."

"Louisa and Rosita?" he asked excitedly. I nodded. "Do you think they would?"

"I think they'd skin us alive if we didn't let them. One of the apartments in the building has been vacated recently, I told the property manager not to rent it until we've spoken with them. It's large, so they can each have plenty of their own space and their close by when we need them."

"That's perfect, there's nobody I'd trust more with Paisley when we need a babysitter."

"I'll call them tomorrow. Do you need any help in here?"

"No, I'm almost finished for tonight, and I'll have it all done by lunchtime tomorrow and then we can start moving in the furniture we picked out today."

It had been a busy day. Finn had a morning class while I checked in at work, then we'd gone together to see Paisley and get more baby care lessons from Mia. Then, after a quick lunch we'd gone shopping for furniture for her room and picked up all the things Mia told us we'd need and whatever else caught our fancy in the shops we visited. Finn picked up supplies for the murals and in the late afternoon we spend another couple of hours with our sweet baby girl before we headed back to the apartment.

"I'm going to turn in, don't stay up too late."

"Mhm..." Finn hummed absently, back in his artist headspace, his brush moving masterfully over the wall. I smiled and headed down the hall to our bedroom. I took a quick shower and pulled on a pair of light sleep pants before grabbing the book I was reading and laying down on my side of the bed.

Finn

When I finally finished for the night, after cleaning up my brushes I went into Nico's room...our room. I had to get used to the idea now that this was my home too. Nico had been reminded me of that constantly and even wanted us to hire a designer to get the apartment re-done in something that we both picked out. A fresh start for our new life together. I actually liked most of his furniture, but he really wanted to change some things up and I had no problem with that.