Twenty

- Melbourne's POV -

"You boys don't mind if I steal Jaxon for a bit?" I ask.

"He's all yours" Lewis says.

"Good because I was gonna go with her anyway." Jaxon says jokingly. He gets up and gently puts his arm behind my back as we walk towards the swing.

"You doing alright?" He asks me.

"Yeah I'm good, I just wanted to chat" I say.

"Can't get enough of me huh?"

"Something like that." I say. "It's not easy for me to open up to people but I really want to get to know you."

He grins. "I'll be honest I was worried you'd be closed off to getting to know me, but hearing that makes me happy."

"You feel the same way then?" I ask, taking a sip from my drink.

"Absolutely, that's what we came here for right?"

I nod.

"So when did you start surfing?" He asks, fiddling with his fingers.

"I basically came out of the womb surfing. It's all I know, my parents taught me when I was super young and it just stuck. You?"

"I didn't get into it until I was in my early teen years" he says. "It was kind of a coping mechanism for me, and then it just became my whole life."

"Yeah I get that, it's my world too." I say.

"You live in California now right?" He asks.

"Yeah, moved there about two years ago and honestly don't plan on leaving." I say.

"Regardless of what happens after the villa, we should meet up at some point and surf together. I'd love to show you some cool spots I know." He says, smirking.

"I'd love that" I say, smiling.

Jaxon and I continued to talk for nearly an hour. We talked even more about surfing and our favorite spots for it. I learned that he's got three brothers, and how important family is to him. I even opened up to him about my family and my personal life which was a shock to myself. I've never been one to open up so quickly. Eventually we both got tired and headed upstairs to get unready. While brushing my teeth alone in the bathroom, I look in the mirror and see that I'm still wearing Vinnies necklace.

I felt sick. I feel like I'm betraying him, even though I haven't done anything wrong.

I contemplate taking it off, but ultimately decide against it. At least until he gets back, because I know it's safe when it's on me. I can only hope he has kept mine safe.

I finished getting unready and crawled into bed next to Sydney, who was sharing with me.

"You guys look really cute together" Syd whispers.

"I feel guilty." I whisper back.

"Don't." She says. "You haven't done a single thing wrong, you haven't even kissed another guy. You've been doing the most respectful thing to not only yourself but to both Jaxon and Vinnie. So get some sleep and stop worrying, yeah?"

"Ugh, why are you always so right?" I ask.

"Because I'm perfect" she says jokingly. "Now get some sleep, you need it."

I turn over and see Jaxon making his way to him and Masons bed.

"Night" he whispers.

"Goodnight." I say back.

- - - -

I wake up the next day exhausted, I swear I never ever get enough sleep. The girls and I all pile into the dressing room and start getting ready. I threw on a simple black bikini and start on my makeup when three of the boys entered.

"We brought you girls breakfast" Mason says, setting down two plates for Bailey and Kennedy.

"You boys are the cutest" Kienna says as Jay hands her and Amiah a plate.

"Can't forget these two." Jaxon says handing me and Sydney a plate.

"Thank you" I say to him, giving him a side hug.

"Come find me later yeah?" He asks.

"For sure" I say smiling as they leave.

Being in Casa Amor has honestly been the best thing for us girls. Not only are the boys the sweetest but us girls have seemed to silently put everything behind us and to just get along. I might not be the closest with Kienna, Bailey, and Kennedy, but we don't mind one another's presence anymore. It just kind of feels normal now.

I finished eating breakfast and getting ready, then made my way downstairs and to the pool. Today was one of the hotter days since being in the villa.

After swimming a couple of laps, I swam up to the edge of the pool where Lewis and Jay were sat.

"You guys like the villa so far?" I ask.

"It's been great" Jay says.

"Who are you both interested in then?" I ask.

"I think it's pretty apparent I like Kienna. I'm hoping she brings me back to the villa" Jay says.

"How about you Lewis?" I ask.

"Sydney and Amiah are both a bit of me, mainly Sydney. Although I don't think I have much of a chance up against Toby. She seems pretty set and stone." He says.

"Tell you what I'll put in a good word for you okay?" I say, he nods grinning.

A few of the other Islanders came over and we all chatted for a bit, just trying to get to know everyone. Kienna started to tell us about how she one time pretended to be a famous influencer to get free drinks at a club.

"Did it work?" Jay asks.

"I got two free drinks out of it, then they looked me up on Instagram and saw I had less than 5,000 followers. Safe to say I won't be returning to that club."

My phone buzzes.

"Got a text!" I say, grabbing the attention of the other Islanders.

"Islanders, tomorrow night you'll be reunited with the villa boys. Will you be sticking, or will you be switching?#DramaIsLooming #StickOrSwitch"

"Oh shit" Amiah says.

Authors note: short chapter, I know. Anyway what do we thinks gonna happen with the stick or switch? Who do we think is gonna stay loyal or not? See you all next time!