iii. figure eight

Kildare county was a beautiful place to live, with the sunsets to die for and the beaches, the cut could be beautiful too, all the front line stores in the very middle of the town-Kooks were on one side and the Pogues were on the other but in the very middle was your average shopping area, and that went for miles going as far as back roads in the woods, Alondra walked into the shipwreck, a list of orders she needed to get for dinner, her hair flowing down her fathers over-sized work t-shirt, adam sandler inspiring her beachy outfit.

    "Mr Carrera!" Alondra grinned at the man
     "Hey Loni, what can I get for you today?"

    The Riveras would come there monthly to  eat out, their goal of trying everything on the menu-Mike was always nice to her, he'd ask about how her day was, the occasional 'my daughter needs a nice young lady like you as her friend' overall it wasn't a bad experience, she'd only left the house and gone about four places weekly, school, the beach and heywards shop just to rant about her daily activities so The Wreck felt like a change of pace even though she'd been before "this time my dad wants to try your shrimp gumbo" Alondra responded, looking at the list.

    "Will do" he paused, remembering a past conversation as Kie and three boys followed behind her into the restaurant, her head turned, eyes focusing on the dirty blonde laughing with his friends "oh yea-I almost forgot, my wife wanted me to ask you if you'd be up to take a few pictures of the place, help us market, Kie mentioned she saw you down at the beach taking pictures...we can't pay you that much but we could give you free food" he began, her focus still on him.

     Once he realized her head turned immediately, staring back at the older man "yea sure, you don't have to pay me this is my favorite place to eat" she smiled, her eyes shuffling between the group, JJ approaching the two, Alondra shifted, their body languages merging "id also like to order!" he joked, watching the man huff as he entered the kitchen "woah, tough crowd" he continued

     Alondra stared, "Hi to you too Jamie"

     "Hi Alondra, long time no talk."

     After the incident neither of them had seen each other, JJ doing everything in his power to avoid the girl due to his very strong urges to take her kind gestures for something they weren't, Kiara stood a few inches away, her eyebrows strung up, another girl falling into his warm smile of a trap "has it been a long time? I don't know I think I saw you that one time you tripped over your trash can trying to avoid me."

    His eyebrows rose, "no, no, you must have me mistaken with some other neighbor guy" he smiled, looking to the side at Kiara who was now coming towards them, straight faced, "John b's waiting" the girl shot a weary smile in her direction-awkwardness brushing over as Mr Carrera came back, holding two bags, "Kiara, you have a shift in like five minutes, get ready!" he irked his daughter, bags being sat down as he spoke, "coming!" Kiara paused "it was nice seeing you Alondra" she said, racing off.

     JJ waited, the dying conversation making him think at max speed, "you should come with us, we're just hanging out on the marsh" JJ insisted, his hands slapping together as he rubbed them, nervous for a response "I'd happily agree but after we pre-eat our just incase meal I have to go to some dinner on tannyhill with my pops so" Alondra declined, the two bags weighing her arms down.

     JJ narrowed his eyes, 'Tannyhill?' he thought, knowing who exactly lives there "right, right" he repeated, "can we atleast give you a ride? pretty sure you can't skateboard back with two bags of a takeout" he tried to convince her, "wow, look at you being all generous...lead the way" she responded, following behind the chattering boy.

**

     Tanny hill, a place of money and status.

    The family of four sat at a dinner table most of the evening. Alondra began to think back to declining Jamie's offer, sitting by the pool as her father had one last conversation with Ward Cameron— Ximena had been too busy becoming best friends with Sarah Cameron and well, her mother found her very own friend, the woman wasn't a 'Cameron' but she'd been cooking the food prepared for the night. Her feet dangled from the beach chair, hair down on her shoulders as she stared off into what had been Kildare counties very own 'figure eight.'

   The houses were gorgeous, a water lake front and boats off in the distance, her hands rubbed her knees as the wind blew, "so we meet again" the deeper voice threw her out of her thoughts.

She turned her head "creepy."

He got closer, sitting on the pool chair next to hers, she stringed her hair behind her ears, a warm smile tugging her lips "hi Rafe" Alondra spoke, her eyes darting from place to place, his hair messily hanging over the sides, Polo shirt with a popped color, gold chain and a Rolex on his wrist, his chest being revealed just enough to tell what he'd look like under it. Her mind had rarely ever went to this place, finding someone attractive immediately.

"Hi, Alondra" he returned the smile, his hands lining the glass in his hand, her body heated up, head turning towards the pool, he'd noticed her too, the flowy dress she'd worn, thin straps and a V-line, "you look nice" he iterated, she could smell his cologne, a strong scent.

"I guess you look nice too" Alondra returned the compliment.

Rafe faintly laughed, looking back towards the house "you're beautiful, the dress fits you perfectly" the older boy complimented, his eyes going up and down, her cheeks warmed up, her head falling to her lap without a single word to be said from her, Alondra did the best to hide her face as he tried to see her burning cheeks "what? youre not gonna call me beautiful?" he joked.

  Alondra laughed, "Loni, we're leaving!" her sister said, her eyes narrowing at the sight of the two.

   "You also look very beautiful" Alondra responded, Rafe opened his mouth but before he could speak, her sister's voice reigned "now Alondra!"

   The younger girl rolled her eyes "Bye Rafe."

••
sorry this took so long my phone broke and it's so hard to see most of my screen idk when it's gonna get fixed either. KIE IS NOT A BAD GUY!!! i repeat she's not a bad guy relax and just read it comes together,
edited should be out sooner than later
unedited (obviously)

 KIE IS NOT A BAD GUY!!! i repeat she's not a bad guy relax and just read it comes together,edited should be out sooner than laterunedited (obviously)