𝕗𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣 (𝟙)

☆

CALLISTO CURLED UP on the corner of a sofa in the library, the one lacking a swimming pool, a book laying on her lap. it was another of the doctor's suggestions and she was enjoying it far more than shakespeare. headphones sat on her ears, blocking out her surroundings as she got lost in the pages of her book.

the weight on the sofa changed with a dramatic bounce, pulling her attention from the book. callisto turned to the side to see the doctor lazily plopped beside her, sighing loudly. she pulled her headphones off and raised an eyebrow, "what's wrong?"

"i'm bored!" he groaned.

"i thought you decided to make a table that could make its own tea." callisto hummed.

"i did and i almost finished it, but then i bashed my thumb with the hammer." the doctor grumbled, shuffling to lean his head on her shoulder. "d'you wanna go somewhere? rid me of my boredom?"

"rose just went to sleep." callisto mused, threading her fingers through the doctor's hair, messing with the unruly strands. "can we really leave her?"

"yeah, she's safe in the t.a.r.d.i.s. also, she can sleep for earth so we'd probably be back before she woke up." the doctor smiled. "i'll put a note on on the console. c'mon! i have ideas of where to go!"

callisto smiled slightly as the doctor stood excitedly and pulled her up with him, dragging her through the halls of the t.a.r.d.i.s until they got to the console, callisto leaning against it as she watched the doctor pull and push a few buttons.

"what ideas do you have then?" callisto inquired.

"well, there's a planet completely empty of civilisation, and it's pretty much just a massive forest. it has no name because there's no one on there to name it. there's another and it has whales in the sky, which is made of a kinda blue vapour. and some of them glow at night apparently. i've never been, i've only read about it." the doctor explained, circling the console to stand beside callisto, his hand hovering over a lever.

"wait, i know which one you mean. it's called something like," callisto then made some clicking sounds and the doctor nodded enthusiastically. "the civilisation there also has a festival that lasts a month to celebrate the war their species won and it's supposed to be incredible."

"let's go then!" the doctor grinned and pulled down a lever sharply and the console whirred, callisto pressing a few switches as they travelled, the doctor slamming a sphere with a hammer. moments later, the t.a.r.i.s groaned and wheezed, having landed. the doctor said the clickey name of the planet, "the year 70452. to them, anyway."

callisto pushed open the door of the ship and stared around in amazement. they'd materialised in the middle of a street, people bustling down the sandy road, the sound of music filling the air. most people had purple skin, some pink but they also had colourful face paint on as they danced and skipped along together. stalls were put up all down the street, selling food, drinks, jewellery and other items for the celebratory occasion.