1

Hi, my name is Echo :)
I am disabled.
Now, people won't take one look at me and say "OH! THEY'RE DISABLED!" No. Doesn't work that way for me.
It's invisible.

What I have is myatonia Congenita. "what is that :0"

Well,

Myotonia congenita is a disorder that affects muscles used for movement. Beginning in childhood, people with this condition experience bouts of sustained muscle tensing (myotonia) that prevent muscles from relaxing normally. Although myotonia can affect any skeletal muscles, including muscles of the face and tongue, it occurs most often in the legs. Myotonia causes muscle stiffness that can interfere with movement. In some people the stiffness is very mild, while in other cases it may be severe enough to interfere with walking, running, and other activities of daily life.

It's a rare genetic disorder that makes my muscles tense up basically.

I take medication that seemingly 'helps' it. Carbamapazine. It usually helps with mental illnesses and epilepsy. All that stuff.

So..yes. I am technically disabled.
And it's hard. People say 'oh your just faking it' or 'stop it' when you can't fake it or stop it. It's aggravating when someone tells you that you don't have a disability.

But that won't stop you from being you.

I'd love to hear about the disabilities or conditions that you, or others have! (not in a bad way) and try to explain it better!

See you~ <3

-Jumping Jax