{005} scrambled eggs.

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

Chapter 5 - Scrambled Eggs

NO PATH CHOSEN - NO OPTION

Your stats have been updated accordingly.

[KAITLYN & (Y/N), HACKETT'S QUARRY SUMMER CAMP ROOM, JUNE 26TH 7:12AM - (Y/N)]

Arising from your slumber with a ray of sunshine hitting your tired eyes first thing in the morning wasn't the most pleasant thing ever. You and Kaitlyn had stayed up a bit late talking in hushed whispers, and you learned a lot of things about each other. You could properly say you were good friends, even though you haven't been here that long.

It had to go through the sliver of space that the curtain didn't cover and directly burned your eyes. Morning was off to a great start!

Kaitlyn woke up mere moments after you got changed into your clothes for the day , rubbing her eyes tiredly as an attempt to clear her foggy vision.

''(Y/N)? What time is it?''

She asked sluggishly. You took your phone off of the side table, turning it on and dreading at the 'no signal' icon once more. You wondered, maybe if you took a hike to somewhere with signal, you could see a message from Laura.

''Oh, It's seven.''

''Why the fuck are you up so early..? Go back to sleep man, breakfast is at nine.''

Kaitlyn buried her head in her bee-themed pillows again, closing her eyes with a small smile on her face.

''Continue sleeping. You were even up later than I was, you need it. ''I'll.. uh, I'll be out. Meet at the front of the lodge by 8:45?''

You said, not knowing if your roommate heard you. Her arm rose to give you a thumbs up, before dangling over the edge of the bed right after. You hid your phone in your pockets, leaving the key on Kaitlyn's side table before leaving the room quietly. The sound of another door closing after yours caught your attention, and you thought you had been caught.

Nick. The Australian boy.

Why did you two always seem to meet in front of your room doors?

''What are you doing?''

He asked, genuinely curious.

''I.. woke up early. It's a habit. What are you doing?''

''Mr. H said training starts today for me, since I'll be cooking for the crowd of children for the next month.''

''You're making us breakfast?''

He nodded, looking down at his feet.

''Good luck this summer. You'll need it.''