Chapter 17.

Enjoy reading.
Do lots of inline comments. I love reading them.
💛💛💛

•••••••••••••

"Come on, faster Ashika!" Imlie exclaimed, dragging her best friend towards the Supermarket.

They had gotten over with the classes and after having a fulfilling lunch made by Imlie, she had dragged her friend for some grocery shopping.

"Ughhhh, Imlie! You are behaving like a kid on a sugar rush." Ashika groaned in annoyance, seeing her friend bouncing on her toes. She seemed very excited for some reason.

"I am not. And we have to finish the shopping soon. So, come on." Imlie said, grabbing a shopping cart. And took long strides towards the entrance.

"Why are you getting so impatient? College just got over and we also have a day off tomorrow." Ashika said, happy with the prospect of having a day off.

"I'm going to the office later, since I have a meeting. Moreover, you are having a day off tomorrow, I'm not. I have office." Imlie replied.

"What do you want to shop, anyway? You said, you and jiju did the grocery shopping just last week." Ashika asked, remembering how Imlie had excitedly rambled about her shopping excursion with Aryan.

"I want some paneer. I saw this recipe for Paneer Tikka on YouTube yesterday and I want to try it. Aryan is returning tomorrow and he loves paneer."
Imlie answered, excited about his return.

She had missed him too much in the past three days. It was the first time they were being away from each other, since they first met.
And it was extremely hard to be away from each other, when they had gotten so close and were habituated to each other's presence and company.

Although there had been frequent video calls, long talks and sweet chats between the two, but they didn't seem to be satisfied with just that.

Imlie was eagerly waiting for his return. She was longing to see him, to feel him, to hear him, to hug him. She was craving for his touch.

Heaving a sigh at the line of her never ending thoughts about Aryan, Imlie walked through the aisles searching for paneer, as Ashika flooded the shopping cart with junk.

"Bas kar! Aur kitna legi?" Imlie reprimanded, keeping a few packets back in the racks.

Ashika pouted. "Shaadi se pehle, tujhe bhi yeh sab bohot pasand tha. Now, you are acting like a health freak. I'm telling you, yeh sab sangat ka asar hai. Jiju is a bad influence on you." She retorted.

Shaking her head at her best friend's antics, Imlie grabbed a few packets of paneer and cream before placing them in the cart.

Though, what Ashika said was true. Aryan was really having an influence on her. She had become slightly health conscious after their marriage. It had happened so gradually and naturally without any force, that she hadn't even realised it, until Ashika mentioned it.

It had all started with her taking early morning walks, while Aryan jogged around the garden in Rathore mansion, then practicing some yoga as he worked out tirelessly in the gym, with Imlie occasionally ogling at him.

There had been changes in her food habits too. The amount of her junk consumption had reduced considerably after she had shifted with the Rathores.

After their wedding, Imlie had made sure that she would have her dinner with Aryan every night.
Since Aryan preferred to have it before eight, they would have their dinner together without any disturbance, just the two of them. Sometimes comfortable silence would linger between them, while at other instances it would be their playful bickering, some heartfelt conversations and some teeny-weeny unconscious flirting.