Woe What A Night 4.5

Wednesday dropped Xavier's stolen drawing of the monster on the Sheriff's desk. 

"We all know that there is a monster out there.", the pig-tailed girl said. "If we're going to stop it, I think it's time we put our differences aside and work together."

The sheriff looked at the drawing and then at the girls. "and this is your stake for me to deal you two in?"

He took a picture of the monster and compared it to the drawing. He sighed. "I'm sorry, you gotta do better than that. Got some nice detail though."

"I didn't draw it.", Wednesday said. "Neither did Y/n."

The sheriff looked up: "I need to know who did."

"Unless we're exchanging intel, we're not at liberty to say.", Y/n replied. 

"Why would I share information about an ongoing murder investigation with two high school kids?", the sheriff asked annoyedly. 
Y/n rolled her eyes but stayed silent. She didn't even want to be here. She thought that Xavier really didn't have the guts to be so bad and cunning. But then again, he did have a lot of drawings of the monster, and where could he have gotten the details from?
Anyhow, Y/n hated cops. But Wednesday had convinced her to come anyway. 

"because we go to Nevermore and you don't.", Wednesday said. "Don't you want some eyes and ears behind those ivy-covered walls?"
"Listen, Velma, why don't you and the Scooby gang stick to your homework and leave the investigating to the professionals?", the cop said, looking directly at Wednesday. 

Before anything could be said, the phone rang. 
"What?", the Sheriff asked in an annoyed tone. 
A woman, the secretary, answered: "Mayor Walker's on line 2. He's looking for an update."

The girls wanted to walk out, when the Sheriff called after them again: "Hey, Addams. Let me see that sketch again."

The girls walked back and handed the sketch to the cop. "the person who drew this, that your suspect?"

Y/n answered with a "Not really.", while Wednesday replied with a "yes". 
The pigtailed twin looked at the other like she had just yelled out something like 'I love everyone and everything'. 
"The artist is not our prime suspect. You see, obviously it is a mystery how they could've drawn the monster with such detail, still I don't think the person has the guts or brains to do something like that. Besides, the motive is missing. And we also have other suspects, it is still to early to work against only one person."

Wednesday glared at her sister, as the sheriff slowly nodded: "if you can bring me some concrete evidence, maybe we'll talk.", he dismissed the girls and then answered the phone: "yes Mayor. Everything's going splendidly..."

°°°°

Outside the police station, Y/n was stopped by Wednesday. 
"what was that in there?", she asked. 
"what?", Y/n rolled her eyes at her sister. "Xavier's not our lead suspect. At least not for me."
"Sister, I kind of have the feeling you might... have feelings for him?"
"and turn into our mother?", the girl asked, then let out a chuckle: "oh please, sis. You know I only feel anger and these kinds of emotions. I am a sociopath."
"a self-diagnosed sociopath."
"when were my diagnoses ever wrong?", Y/n asked. 
"still, I think Xavier is suspicious. He had wounds, you said it yourself."
"yes, but don't you remember what a wimp he was in the car to the morgue? What about Tyler for example? Or maybe even the Principal herself? Who knows.", Y/n said. 

Wednesday sighed. "alright, fine. But we're still looking more into him."
"yes, don't worry. That's why I'm going to the ball with him. He might be a killer and just good at acting, or he is a total idiot. We need to pull on every loose thread.", Y/n said, and Wednesday nodded. 

"for a second I thought you were really losing your mind. And not in a good way."