Chapter 1.

"Bye babe", Hamid smiled and gave me one last kiss on my cheek.

"Bye love. See you tomorrow", I said.

I smiled back and watched him drive away. I went inside my house through the back gate. The lights were off indicating that everyone was asleep.

The thing is that females are not allowed to have meal at the dining table. My mother and sister-in-law serve food and then eat in kitchen. I don't like this so, I just have food all by myself in my room or sometimes outside. That's why no one bothers to call me for dinner.

I quickly snuck in through my bedroom window. God's grace that my room is on the ground floor.

This was not the first time that I was sneaking inside late at night. I have done it several times and no one had ever suspected a thing. I have now become a pro at it.

I quickly changed my clothes and laid down on my bed, recalling today's moments.

You would ask me that why did I even got with Hamid when my family was so strict? Why would I even dare to go against then when I know that they can literally kill me for loving someone from a different religion?

My answer would be that when you love someone, you don't care about anything else than that person. I really don't care about how my father will disown me after all this. I don't give a fuck about how much disrespect I will have to bear. I only care about Hamid and I know he does the same.

___________

Next day when I came out of my room, my mother was sitting on the couch with a sweet smile on her face, talking with my sister-in-law.

She had never looked this happier after Parth bhaiya's marriage.

"Mom, here she is", Aditi bhabhi said.

My mother turned to look at me and her smile got bigger. Okay! Now, I am definitely sure they are upto something.

She stood up from the couch and came towards me. She hugged me, caressing my head.

"I am so happy today", she said, releasing the hug.

"What's going on?", I asked, backing away a little. "Did dad leave the house forever?".

"Piya!", she scolded, hitting my arm.

I laughed and said, "Chill mom! I was just kidding".

"Be a little mature now, Piya", Aditi bhabhi said.

I rolled my eyes and said again, "Would you both tell me what's going on? Or should I make a few more guesses?".

"Well!", my mother smiled again. "You are going to.... ".

Before my mother could complete her sentence, my father's malice voice boomed through the hall. "You are going to get married", he said, finishing her sentence.

My smile dropped as I looked at the end of the staircase, where he was standing.

He had an evil smirk laced on his lips.

"Yes Piya. I have found a perfect groom for you", he said.

I looked from him to my mother. She nodded happily. My heart sinked to my stomach and I could feel myself getting anxious because of all this.

"Remember my friend, Vivek Malhotra?", he continued. "His son, Vivan is coming back to India after completing his MBA from New York. We both have decided to tie your knot with him. That would be perfect and after you both get married, our company will become the owner of 30% shares of their company".

"So, it is all for business", I stated, shaking my head.

"Well yeah because why would anyone want to have a disgrace like you", he spat and his words stabbed me right into the heart.

"You don't get to use me as a business deal when all you have done is to hate me throughout my life", I shouted.

"Lower your voice, Piya", my mother said sternly. "He is your father".

"He has never behaved like one", I replied. "You don't get to take my life decisions. I will get married to the person whom I would want to. I am not a puppet in your hands".

"Shut up you disgraceful child", he shouted back at me. "Diya, tell your daughter everything that we have planned for her because after thirteen days, she is getting married".

He turned around and was about to go upstairs when I said, "What if I love someone else?".

He turned around to face me and when he saw the seriousness on my face, he clicked his jaw and said, "Then he would not see the light of tomorrow and you my dear daughter, would get married to Vivan".