The Last One

"Things are changing. There's no denying that. First Ben gets stung in broad daylight and then Alby. And now our greenie here has taken it upon himself to go into the maze which is a clear violation of our rules here." Gally says as the gladers are holding a meeting.

"Yeah but he saved Alby's life." Frypan says as Gally looks at him.

"Did he? For three years we have co existed with these things and now you've killed one of them. Who knows what that could mean for us." Gally says as he gestures to Thomas as some of the others look at him.

"Well what do you suggest we do?" Newt asks as he looks at Gally.

"Yeah Gally. I mean what's done is done." Alexis says as Minho looks at her.

"He has to be punished." Gally says as the other gladers protest.

"Minho you and Alexis were there with him. What do you think?" Newt asks as he, Alexis and Minho look at each other.

"I think in all the time we've been here no one's ever killed a griever before. When Alexis and I turned tail and ran this dumb shank stayed behind to help Alby. Look I don't know if he's brave or stupid. Whatever it is we need more of it. I say we make him a Runner. What do you think Alexis?" Minho says.

"I can agree with that. I mean he charged in without fear. I can agree that he's either brave or stupid but I think Minho is right." Alexis says as the other gladers begin to talk among themselves and protest against the idea.

"If you wanna throw the newbie a parade that's fine! Go ahead! But if there is one thing that I know about the maze is that you do not-" Gally says as the group go silent among hearing a loud sound before running outside.

"It's the box." Thomas says as he, Alexis, Minho, and Chuck stop outside.

"It's coming back up." Chuck says.

"But why? It's not time for it yet. Why is it coming back up?" Alexis asks.

"It shouldn't be." Minho says as the four run over with the others as Newt then opens the box up with Gally before he then jumps down in it.

"Newt what do you see?" Frypan asks.

"It's another girl. I think she's dead." Newt says as everyone looks at the motionless girl in the box.

"What's that in her hand?" Alexis asks pointing to the girl's hand seeing she is holding something as Newt takes the piece of paper from the girl and opens it up.

"She's the last one ever. What the hell does that mean?" Newt asks before the girl then suddenly moves and gasps causing some of the gladers to move back.

"Thomas!" The girl shouts as she then falls back unconscious before everyone then looks at Thomas.

"Still think I'm over reacting?" Gally asks as he looks at the others.