A Loss Of Control

Caleb sat on the edge of his bed, causing it to creak under the weight of his large frame. He could barely comprehend what Jordie had told him. How could he, a gym rat and a dietician, not see that his gluttonous lifestyle and his soft body were wrong? How could he not see that this wasn't some exciting experiment, but a moral failing? A complete lack of willpower? He sat there, staring at the barren eggshell wall for a solid five minutes, contemplating his friend's strange reaction to his weight gain and what could be in store for him when Jordie arrived at his house. He sat there until a tragedy occurred, he heard his stomach growling. 

Caleb was overtaken by a sudden rush of hunger pains stabbing in his stomach. He tried to ignore it, but his lack of willpower won yet again. He heaved his way off of the bed and waddled to his fridge. He opened the door, scanning the shelves for something fit for a light snack. after a few moments he reached into the vegetable drawer, trying to make a lower calorie, healthier option that wouldn't make his waistband tighter than it already was. He picked up a carrot and started gnawing on it, thinking about how much his snack reminded him of rabbit food. As he popped the last bite into his mouth he tuned in to how his hunger had changed. It hadn't. And so he went in for something else, a small tub of yogurt. This second snack also didn't fill him up and he resigned to thinking that he'd need something more substantial, so he made himself a hefty sandwich exploding with his favourite fillings. Salami, lettuce, tomato, if it goes in a sandwich then it was in there. This finally got rid of the pit in his stomach, though that didn't mean that he stopped eating. He felt out of control as he grabbed a family size bag of corn chips , like he couldn't help himself. He felt like this a lot, sometimes multiple times a day he would go into these episodes where he ate and ate and ate until he physically couldn't fit in anymore. Of course the more these trances occurred the more food he was able to pack into his gut. He opened the bag of chips and started scarfing them down like he hadn't eaten in days. As he finished them off and shoved the evidence deep withing his trashcan, his doorbell rang out, letting him know that Jordie had arrived.