Chapter 1

•The start of it

My love, my Prince, my King. You've made me catch a great virus, a virus that flows though my veins, every part of my body yearns and is addicted to you. I've yet to be cured , even if it can be cured at all, is unknown. All I know is that I need you, and I need you now.

~

"ELLESIE, AWAKE NOW, YOU'VE SLEPT IN!"

Having a friend is such hard work sometimes, I wish I could be alone and left to my own demise. But then, I suppose I'd get bored eventually.

"My bad for wanting a lay in" I wouldn't of laid in if I'm being honest, my body would've woken up automatically around now anyways.

"Miss Ellesie Kore, are you forgetting something important today, something special about today, or even someone". Asked my best friend Ellie in a sly manner.

Of course I know, I countdown all year for this day. It's my favourite day, the day I see him. His birthday.

"Tonight's the night, I'll talk to him!"

"Yahuh, of course you will sweetheart, you've said that for the last 4 years"

"Ellie Raiden, I mean it this time, I promise"

She just rolled her eyes like usual. It'll be different this time, I'm sure of it.

My crush since I was a young girl, the Prince of Elsteria, Zenith. When we were younger, we'd play in the sacred forest after he'd sneak out past the guards to see his people, his future. I'm sure he has forgotten about me, though, there's still a part of me thinking if he did remember, he would be waiting for me too.

Ah well, that's just my tough luck, even if he did, what could he do, be friends with a peasant girl?, especially a thief.

/.

Stalls ready to open, and the sun setting upon the horizon while music played throughout the village, the perfect atmosphere.

"Look!, The King is announcing the princes party details "

The King Palatro II Of Elsteria's speech.

"Dear my fateful subjects, as you all know it is my eldest sons birthday, Prince Zenith has turned 16 now. I'm sure he'll have no problem partying away tonight. Any gifts shall be brought to my servant Jones. The party is commencing at 6'o clock sharp, everyone is welcome as it will be held in the courtyard. "

Zenith's POV

My 16th birthday, I should be excited, but I'm not. I still think about her, I still look for her, I've yet to find her. These past few years, I've noticed I think about her less- maybe because I'm more busy with my duties. I hope she's doing okay. Although, she's probably forgotten about me now, after all, I'm the one who left her.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about it, infecting my mind like a disease, haunting me. How could I let anyone treat me like she did me, I am not worthy..

"Prince Zenith, it's time, the Southern Kingdom, Gyhern is here"

Afterall, I'm to be engaged to Princess, Isiana, the Princess of Gyhern, known to be the most beautiful woman all of Crele. I've met Isiana, we've been on playdates since I can remember, and all that time, I've never known me to have any interests in her. Now I know what it was all for, our futures were to unite our Kingdoms. What my father doesn't know is that I love another.

"Introducing,King Derik Of Gyhern, Queen Raeiyan of Gyhern, Prince Ciaen Of Gyhern and Princess Isiana Of Gyhern".

I wish I could climb the walls and escape, just like when we were younger...