Chapter II

Chapter II 

I woke up to the smell of biscuits and grazy, oh it was so good, all of them were staring at me. I was eating like a caveman, i was hungry. Scott had said that they had a couple things to do today, and that if id like to help, then i may. And of course I said yes, they brought me in, and with a thousand thanks to them. I said that i would do whatever theyd like me to do. So they said just basic house cleaning since i didnt know where the traps were. He said in a week or two, he would draw out a map for traps. He said these traps would kill anything in minutes, even a bear. So i just did the basics, cleaning up such as: cleaning the floor, windows, furniture, and basically everything. While I was heating up the fire with a shovel, I heard a scream. I quickly ran out and saw a biter biting into Rosa outside of the traps. I picked up my heated shovel and hit the biter as it got off her, it came towards me. I just pushed it over the cliff. Luckly I didnt get caught in the traps.

As soon as everyone else heard her scream they had come over, I had just gotten their first. But sadly Rosa had already been bit, so she was already practically dead. She begged," PLEASE DONT LET ME BECOME ONE OF THOSE!!!" She started crawling, while everyone was trying to stop her while crying, toward the edge of the cliff and all she said was, "Goodbye, Survive, Love ya." Then she just dropped. Everyone was mourning over her and decided that she should have a memorial the next day.

Everyone was sore and in pain, especially me. Hard work was coming up for the rest of the day, and we all knew it. So we chose to get a good start digging a hole. All we had left is a shirt of her in ruins that Ron had found. We still dug the hole about the size of a human so i guess we could imagine. It was time for the ceremony, everyone was sniffling, cryinf, and yelling loudly. While Tyler was telling his speech on how she had a servants heart, we heard a loud groan. We werent sure where it was coming from. So we searched for a while, then Scott found out that the zombie i had pushed off the edge had only landed on a ledge and that when Rosa had fallen the zombie had grabbed her. Everyone was crowded around the cliff part where she had fallen. What i saw was horrifying. I saw Rosa, standing up and all her insides fell right out of her and she was bloody all over. The zombie had open up her stomach, and bitten her face off. The little ledge they fell upon, was covered with guts and her face. Then i puked in disgust. Rosa was dead, but up and moving. I knew i had to start doing my research again, and Rosa is a perfect specimen. Now only to kill the other biter and get her to get up here (she was close enough to lock hands together to pull her up. But if we tried then shed bite him/her. We had to find out how. I want the cure.

At this point, I was terrified to go anywhere without the group. For the next couple of days, all we did was prepare for more biters to come in. We dont want any more biters biting people. After about a week I decided that I need to prepare a science lab with my supplies, and get Rosa. Now they wont kill Rosa because she was family, and she was nice. So in two days we are going to attempt to get her off of the part she is on, then I will start my research and hopefully find something, anything. So I found an attic and I asked if I could start my science lab there, so i had to make some makeshift tables and such. Today is the day that we are going to attempt to get Rosa, who we have been feeding rats, out of her situation and get her into the lab. So I grabbed a shovel, and Scott grabbed some rope. It was just Scott, Ron, and I that were going to try because we didnt want any disasters to strike. Ron was just helping out. So we approached the cliff, and we tried to get her to grab the rope, that didnt work. So now i had to  do something that I never ever wanted to do. I have to get down there and get her to go to where Scott was, with the shovel. So I hit her so she would stumble backwards. My feet were on the edge. After about 10 minutes she hit the cliff and Scott put the rope around her neck and pulled her up. Ron helped me up. Im going to write this in my biter journal later on, you can control biters by a rope around the neck. So they transfered her to my "science lab" and strapped her down with the excess rope. She was going crazy, but after a while she realized she was caught and she calmed down. So I will also put this in my journal: THEY HAVE NATURAL INSTICTS. They adapt to their surroundings.