World of Ruins

INTRODUCTION

We had all taken it as a joke, oh but it wasn't. They had thought they had helped the world, with the pill enscripted, FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH. Of course everyone wanted it, its to keep you young forever as long as you kept taking it every day. That only spread the infection even more. It had started in America, and had taken it everywhere, so it had spreaded. Some just simply called it, "THE DISEASE," i called it the," BITER BEGINNING." It all started with one man who had created the pill hoping for youth. It had worked for a while. Then after a year or so a woman reported her husband eating her children and biting her. A couple days later, she had become one, a biter. That man that created the pill, was me.

CHAPTER I

I wish I hadn't, but it has already happened. Their is no going back, sadly. Everyone who i thought I trusted and trusted me abandoned me. I was on my own. My real name is Jack King and i am 25 years of age, i am known for a famous pill that i had made for youth, but now im famous for infecting everyone because of the pill. I am a doctor/scientist, i have always been fragile and emotional, never wanting or prepared to fight. I kept to myself. Now im off on my own with biters, i dont know if their are survivors. I have done some research on a biter that i brought in from a trap i set nearby. They (or it) can smell, see, hear, walk, but they cannot think. They have no common sense. They only eat meat. They only die if you hit them and puncture their brain. If you get bit, then you get a high fever, hard to breath, and death. Well then you turn into them. Right now im hiding in a basement of someone elses house, the owners were already dead. I have been using the basement as a science lab. I was running out of food and water quick, so i knew i had to get out on the streets and find another place. But out my little window i can see biters everywhere. Then I saw a bright light coming towards them, it was a car! This was my chance, I quickly grabbed my things in a backpack, and shot out the door.

As I ran out the door i was realizing what I was doing, and I knew I needed a weapon. Luckily enough, their was an ax on the side of the house. I grabbed it, it was heavy for me. I saw one coming near me, I quickly swung my ax, it only hit it on the side, sensing nothing, it lunged towards me. It knocked me down but right near my ax, I hit it with the butt of the ax, so it would stumble backwards. I then got up, swung my ax right between the eyes with an insta-kill. Oh, how i hated having to do that, and the blood! I was tired by the time I saw 13, maybe 14 silhouette figures coming my way. 5 of them killed the others and ran towards me, and helped me to the car. When i got in the car, I noticed one more person in the driver seat. I finally got to rest and EAT, oh it felt like i tasted the best soup in a can ever.

These nice people didnt know who I was, and they were cursing out the DISEASE, so I might just want to be quiet. After I was done with my soup, I asked," Where are we going?" My voice felt so weird after so long of not speaking. A man with a stringly beard and a big tough body replied," a cabin close to a cliff, with many supplies, and not too many zombies. We have conducted traps all around the cabin so be careful." When we finally pull up into the drive way of the cabin, the man told me to follow his steps into the cabin, and we will talk inside.

Now he had told me to sit down, so i did. First he started out with saying that his name was Scott, and that he was almost 56 years old. His 3 sons names were: John, a short and stout 23 year old, Ron, a shy readhead only 15, and Tyler, a tall bulky kid around 25 year old. His 2 daughters names were: Rosa, a big girl around 20 years old, and Cameryn, who was just gorgeous and angelic in appearance and was 24 years old. He asked who I was, and I decided to tell him the truth. My name is Jack King, I am 25, and i am the maker of the FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH pill. I thought he was going to have a big reaction but he was just calm and said," OK Jack, youre room is the one by the stairs." I just said, " thanks," and went to settle in with my little carry on backpack. I layed into the bed tired beyond relief, because i didnt get any sleep back in the basement. Oh i was so comfortable.