The Stars of the Night

When we entered the school gym, there were hundreds of people.

A few people were looking at us like we're aliens and it gave me the creeps.

As always, Jake was the center of attention. I saw him smiling with some guys he's talking to and yeah, curse Felicity for everything. Now I'm seeing his hotness from his tux and disheveled hair.

I gave the Felicity a nudge, everybody is really acting weird today.

Is it the homecoming vibe the place gives off?

"What's up with everyone? They're staring...."

"That's because we're hot." Felicity whisper-giggled.

"Really? The girls are death glaring us." I panicked.

"And the guys are checking us out." Felicity winked.

"But--"

"No buts, this is our night, honey." Felicity said, making her way to the populars, dragging me with her.

"Felicity, don't! We don't belong there!" I warned.

"Oh hush hush, it's prom. Who cares? There's no populars level, the geeks level or anything. Let's have fun."

Really? Felicity.

From overly annoying book nerd to overly annoying party girl.

Wow.

My eyes were watering as Felicity shamelessly pulled me with her.

I never talked to those group of people... Jake's group.

I never talked to any of them and so did Felicity.

Is it the dress or maybe it was the heels that made Felicity gain so much self confidence.

"Hi boys." Felicity waved in a sing-song voice.

"Hey sexy." The boys winked at her.

She made this giggle....

Oh god, how shameless!

And off linking her arms with the boys she goes.

"What's your name?" The brown haired guy asked in a husky tone. I did not like the tone of voice he was using.... It seems as if he is raping Felicity with his eyes.

"Felicity." Felicity giggled.

"That's a nice name. Do you mind dancing with me?" He said, bowing his head in a gentleman-ish way.

"Why, of course."

With that, they left and disappeared.

I can't believe my best friend ditched me. This is so embarrassing!

I lowered my head down, my hands playing with the sides of my dress. I wouldn't even dare look up. Jake is standing there, he's one of the pack.

"Tsk, Dave got a score tonight." One of the pack says.

"Yeah, he totally did and it's eight in the evening." Another from the pack said.

"Why don't we go check out the girls tonight? Can't believe a nerd like Felicity would look so damn hot. I bet the clique wouldn't dare lose to competition." The third one commented.

"Yeah, hey, the one beside Adams is cute." The first one winked.

I shuddered in disgust and without knowing what I was doing, I involuntarily took hold of Jake's arm.

Shiiiiiiit.

What the hell? Holding on to him like that? Is so not cool.

"Guess she has the hots for Adams." The second winked.

"That's fine. I see plenty on the dancefloor. Be right back!"

"Coming with you, Parker!"

"Me three!!"

And now, both Jake and I were left alone.

I noticed myself still holding his arm and I quickly let go.

He would now think I'm one of the shameless whores that tried to get him in bed.

This is bad, I don't want him to think I'm like the other girls....

Hot tears were starting to form and I shivered against the cold.

I felt something warm envelope me and when I looked up, I saw him without his black coat. Then I saw my shoulders being covered with it.

I turned to look at him, blushing vigorously because of his small gesture,

"T-T-Thank you...." I shyly say.

"Sure." He smiled, scratching the back of his head.

It was silent when I heard him chuckling from the side.

"What's... funny?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing." He said, shaking his head.

"No, really? I asked once more, growing impatient.

"Nothing, really." He smiled.

I didn't pester him anymore because I don't want to look desperate.

"Ahem." He coughed.

I turned to face him astonishingly when he smiled at me. I melted at his smile. My legs were all jello and my knees fell weak. My heart was thumping loudly and I just so hope he doesn't hear a damn thing. My cheeks burned and he faced me returning the gesture--

Wait, what? Did he blush also? That's merely impossible... Why would he?

A guy like him and a girl like me... certainly don't match.

"May I ask you to dance?" He asked shyly.

I couldn't respond, my throat is dry, I was too happy to even speak. I nodded my head and he smiled, holding my hand and pulling me to the dancefloor. I burned at his touch and I hope he doesn't notice the blush forming on my cheeks.

The song was "Can I have this dance" from High School Musical 3.

He held out his hand and I gently took hold of his big ones.

He put one hand on my waist. and we just danced.

We swayed and we didn't speak to each other. I often looked down but sometimes I try to steal a glance of him. His gaze were fixated on me the whole time and I'm starting to wonder if there's some unwanted foreign object on my face or something.

The song spoke for itself. I let it be. It was magical. There were jealous death glares and I think all the girls are already shooting daggers at me.

The song finished, I frowned. I was saddened but the next unexpected thing took place.

He held my hand, and whispered,

"Let's go some place else."

I shivered when he said this and I couldn't move. I let him drag me to whereever he wants to take me.

Is this it?

Will I lose my virginity tonight?

Oh Lord God, please help me, I do not want to sin.

But if this hot boy is around then I might not stop myself and my feelings.

**

Okay, false alarm, the next chapter will be the last one.;)

Thank you so much for all your support to my other books!

I hope you'd love this short story of mine as much as I loved to share it with you.

Follow my blog >> kimpyvon.blogger.com

To keep in touch of what I'm doing, what I want to do, random thoughts and not-so-relevant post-its. ;)

Heart.Heart.Heart.

Truly yours, xx

kimpyvon