26. Mothers can't help but be worried!

" Mom, order anything you'd like." Asahi smiles. " It's my treat."

The two of them were at a quiet little cafe in the mall, luckily, there were only a few customers here at this time. His mother, Fuyuko , smiles warmly at her child.

" Asahi, you don't have to--"

" No, mom, I insist." Asahi stands up, intending to order her something at the counter. " I'll be right back." 

Fuyuko sighs as she watched her son leave to the counter, ordering a nice pastry and coffee drink for her. She leans her cheek onto her palm and kept observing her son fondly-- thinking to herself, that he really has grown up. And she's not getting any younger. Soon, he'll enter the stage in life where he won't really need her, but she's fine with that. She wants to do everything she can right now to guarantee his future-- which is the reason why she's here today.

" Mom..." Another familiar voice calls to her.

She turns to the door and sees her youngest son, Seiji. She gives the same warm smile to him too.

" Seiji," She says his name as he approached her. He bows his head slightly to her in respect.

" A pleasure to see you again, o' fairest mother of the lands." He jests. She laughs.

" Take a seat, my dearest subject." She responds in kind and points to the empty seat beside Asahi's.

Seiji takes his seat, but his eyes quickly widened in realization.

" Mama, did you get anything to eat? Please order anything you want-- I'll treat you!" He declares.

" You'll treat me?" Just a few minutes ago, Asahi made that offer. " You two really are the same..." She says that fondly.

" Huh? You ' two'? "

" Your older brother offered first, and he's already at the counter ordering."

" Oh, really now?" Seiji grins before rubbing his hands together, his emerald eyes showing gremlin intent. " If Asahi's treating then....please excuse me, your grace." 

He stands up and sprints to the counter where Asahi is. Fuyuko chuckles behind the cover of her hand, her two boys have definitely grown older and are definitely more mature, but they're still the same rambunctious duo from back then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seiji ate his food and coffee with a proud look on his face, which was bought by Asahi's money specifically. Asahi puts on a pained smile, while Fuyuko looked worried and seemed ready to scold Seiji for spending Asahi's money like that.