Severus Snape

I woke up to the sound of children crying, traffic trundling past and  my brothers snores from the bed opposite me.

At the orphanage you weren't supposed to have girls and boys sharing a room together, they were supposed to be a floor seperate, but they had made an exception for me. One reason was because we would have simply ignored it anyway, another would be my habit of controlling the Head Matron's mind when I wanted something. She'd never caught me at it, but I guess magic leaves it's trace, and it was pretty obvious when my brother and I had special priveledges that she couldn't remember giving us.

I sat up in bet slowly, hearing the heavy springs creak in that familiar way under me, oh how I hated this place. But today had to be different, it was our eleventh birthday, and that meant that we would finally get our Hogwarts letter.

Our room was so small that I could reach my brother by extending my leg, and I prodded him through the blankets. "Marcal, Marcal, bro, get up."

He opened a sneaky eye at me, and shook his messy black curls out of his face. "Happy birthday, Rhya. What did you get me?"

"Nothing." I told him honestly, and smiled; it had been a running joke for the five years, ever since our Uncle Lucius had dropped us off at a dingy orphanage with stern words and not a coin to our accessable name. You would have thought he'd show some respect to the children of Lord Voldemort, but hey, he obviously thought that pushing Draco off his broom was something worth chucking us out over, desite the fact that he'd gone to so much trouble to brig us up knowing how great a wizard our dad was, and to value the pureblood lineage of it.

I guess our life must sound pretty dull, but honestly, there are perks of being children of a disgraced wizard and a psychopathic mother called Bellatrix Lestrange. Talking to snakes would definately be one.

- THIS IS UNDER EDITING, LIKE KILLING THE STORY AND REWRITING KIND OF EDITING, SKIP TO THE LAST 6 CHAPTERS IF YOU WANT DECENT WRITING-

Rhyas POV

Oh yeah i was p-ing him off so bad with the whole mind reading thing. “What’s the matter don't like your name?" Marcal was furious at not being able to tell him our real name. I felt someone trying to enter his thoughts. I put a barrier up and said " it’s because people tease us saying estranged" the lie came easily to my lips and i changed the subject "so where's our letter and when does our train leave?" Snapes eyes widen in shock “So you do have wizarding heritage. Who told you, I'm assuming it wasn't your mother?" i already hate this guy "answer her first" Marcus sensing my rage finally spoke. Without speaking Snape pulled out two letters. "So what’s your name?" Marcal asked. "Answer my question first" Snape replied looking at me obviously trying to annoy me. Yeah like that’s going to work. "Snape. Professor Severus Snape" I told my twin.

The trip to diagon alley continued much the same way. Me and Severus testing each other’s temper. We walked into gringotts and waited for a free goblin. "Wow we haven't been here for years" i say. Snape walks up to a goblin ''the supply for Hogwarts muggle borns" he said grinning evilly at us when he said muggle borns then surprise flickered on his face and i say the surprise because I was at the next goblin handing in the key left with us since birth saying "the lestrange vault"

I held my hand to my mouth all the way down through gringotts to stop my lunch making an appearance while Snape smirked. At last we got off at what seemed like 100km under the bank and were heading down a large tunnel. Then suddenly a massive dragon leaped out at us.

 I love dragons. ‘The goblin raised what looked like a pair of cow bells and started ringing them. I had always been interested in dragons I don’t know why but at Malfoy Manor I would spend hours reading about them and when I attempted a wandless patronus it took the form of a silvery dragon. I hated the way that the ringing of the clankers made the dragon run away since being taught that the sound of the hammer like things meant pain. Just then I made a promise. When I grow up I will help all of those giant lizards like this. I walked forward before the dragon had even run away

We continued our trip through Diagon Alley in silence buying our spell books and potion ingredients. Finally we arrived at Olivander’s wand shop. After many smashing of windows and quite a few fires Marcal and I both fittingly got twin core wands. My twelve inch cherry with unicorn hair let of a dozen firecracker like sparks when it first touched my hand. As we were walking past Eyelope’s owl Emporium Snape asked “do you want any pets?’’ ‘‘yes '' said my brother and he bought a giant black owl. As we were walking back Snape stopped to chat to some guy in a turban who smelt bad. I was getting bored so i just listened to inside his head. ''TRAITOR he betrayed my master'' was one voice but there was a second voice and it definitely wasn’t turban head's ''move’ ‘it said '' move we must stick to the plan if we are to steal the ph. - wait quirrel there is someone else listening'' I took a step back Quirrel was staring at me confused then recognition dawned on to his face ‘‘and w-who do we h-h-ha-ave here?'' Quirell asked with a stutter as fake as Pamela Anderson’s boobs. Now if there's one thing i know about my mum it's that everyone is terrified of her even the most evil of ex death eaters who came over to the malfoy manor, as soon as they heard my mother’s name they would just about faint. And Quirrel really had back off "the Lestrange twins. Children of Bellatrix lestrange'' i said menacingly. Unfortunately Quirrel looked amused and even pleased "i-i as-assume you h-h-ha-have first n-n-names'' "Rhya and Marcal I’m very sorry but we must be going'' .As Snape walked us away he glared at me and i shrugged.

Snape walked us up to our room he smirked at me. Figured you'd be the one to have a pet. Thought Snape while watching Marcal take care of his owl. Oh i do. I thought back just as Randal climbed up my leg and i scooped him into my arms. Snapes face was bloody priceless. Over the next week Marcal and I practiced spells and jinxes. I practiced both with a wand and without and even though marcal had only shown signs of normal magical talent before he still managed to land a good hex on a muggle who was walking past down on the street first try.