You Must Master a Single Thing (17)

Nezuko sheathed her sword and looked at the rock Mother had sat upon.

'The blood of the Twelve Kizuki should have a high degree of Jackson's blood. If I can extract it, the medicine that will turn Tanjiro back into a human can be completed sooner!' Nezuko thought.

"Ah!" She then realized what she was forgetting, "Inosuke!"

Nezuko quickly sprints towards Inosuke's scent.

She saw Inosuke standing in the forest, presumably waiting for her. She walked in front of him.

"So did you defeat it?" Inosuke asked calmly.

"Are you all right, Inosuke?" Nezuko asked, seeing the sudden change in personality.

"I asked you whether you killed that thing or not!" Inosuke shouted.

"Uh, yeah, I did! Anyways, are you okay, Inosuke?" Nezuko laid a hand on his forearm, feeling his injuries.

"Don't go showering me with your dumb kindness and sensitivity! You hear me? Got that? After all, anything you can do, I can do, too! Before you know it, my legs will be harder than yours! Not mention... Not to mention... uhm..." Insouke trailed off.

Nezuko took a closer inspection at Inosuke's injuries, 'He's wounded severely... I couldn't save our other friends, either... That motherly demon gave off a scent of terror and suffering. Enough to make her greet death with opened arms.'

Nezuko dug around in one of her pockets and removed bandages and started wrapping Inosuke's forearm tightly.

'What's the deal with this mountain anyway? With one of the Twelve Kizuki present and a family of demons..?' Nezuko thought.

"I'm totally fine!" Inosuke shouted.

He raised his other fist to punch her in the face. When he reached her head, she said darkly, "Stop."

Inosuke put his hand to his side immediately.

'I thought demons never herded together.' Nezuko wondered.

With Zenitsu looking around for Tanjiro, he felt a prick on his hand.

"Ouch!" Zenitsu cried.

'Something just pricked me! What the hell?! This is so annoying!' Zenitsu screamed in his thoughts.

"I can't find Nezuko or Inosuke anywhere! This sucks! Where did they go?!" 

Zenitsu stopped at a forked path split into two.

"Which way?! And it stinks here, too! Stinks! I think I'm going to cry! And this sound of spiders crawling around is so creepy! I'm sure these spiders are doing their best to survive, too, but still!" 

A loud crawling sound stuck out to Zenitsu. It belonged to a spider.

"God dammit! Just shut up! Stay still!" 

He turned around to see a large spider with a human head.

"Is this even possible?!" Zenitsu screamed.

Zenitsu was running away from the humanoid spider he encountered while screaming his head off the whole time.

"Noo!! That's a spider with a human face! A spider with a human face! What's up with that?! What's up with that?! Please be a dream! Please be a dream! Please be a dream! If this can just be a dream, I promise to do my best! If I wake up with myself resting my head on Tanjiro's lap, then I promise to give it all I got! I'll even plow fields! I'll be glad to plow a whole acre! No, two acres! So, please, let me wake up from this nightmare!!"