01;

chapter one,     the transfers have no idea what's waiting for them

chapter one,
the transfers have no idea what's waiting for them

WITH a click of her tongue, she pushed the gun to the left side, pressing the slide release as her finger was pushing the release button clockwise—tick! With a swift move forwards, the slide came off, putting it on the table as she flipped the gun upside down, the recoil spring bouncing on the table, creating a small, high-pitched sound just for a few seconds. Then, her finger removed the locking block and spring guide neatly on the table.

Wave felt at ease in her own haven. The weaponry was her safe zone – she supervised it and kept it all under control. Not a single gun will pass her eye as she checked the lists carefully and she went on with scolding if someone returned a gun without properly cleaning it. Guns weren't a game. It was an implement of strife and peace. If you don't know how to properly use it or respect it, which side are you going to choose?

The distant footsteps sounded heavy – only leaders walk like this. A frown formed on her lips as she took an oiled brush and put it through the barrel of the gun. Soon the door opened, without knocking, with a royal motive, and Eric entered the room.

Eric was the visual of an Erudite. In her opinion, he did too much on himself to look sterner. As a transfer from Erudite, he already had that cocky look on his face, but with the tattoos and the piercings, he didn't look like a real Dauntless. He looked like someone desperately wanting to fit it. It didn't suit him.

"Disrupting my peace and not even knocking? Don't forget where you are, Eric," Wave reminded, not raising her eyes to look at him.

The man chuckled and leaned to the wall beside him with his side. He was aware of her skills with the guns and what her job meant to her. It wasn't wise to get on her bad side, he knew that, but he had the right to go wherever he wanted to.

"I see you're not in your best mood," he pointed out and she finally raised her head to meet his stare.

"Get to the business, Eric. It's unlikely of you to chatter this much." The woman stated as she put the brush away and quickly assembled the gun, demonstrating the set of skills she had.

It was unlikely for him to have any type of small talk as he was known to be walking around like a grumpy cat, but he was talking with Wave. And that changed some things. "Have you spoken with George?"

"The better question would be, do you think he would speak with me about anything?" Wave corrected him. Her father didn't really indulge in speaking with her a lot after he has denied her leadership not once, but three times already.

Eric chuckled, mockingly: "You're expected to help to train the transfers. There are more than the last year."

"What, Four finally locked himself in the IT and doesn't want to come out?" Wave scoffed and slightly shook her head. "I already have a handful with our initiates. They are fucking stupid for someone who grew up here. I don't have time or any wish to deal with transfers."