chapter 3

3rd person, Virgil's POV 

Virgil didn't know what happened. One minute he was standing still as he watched Roman running at the dragon witch, the next he was on the floor feeling wired, Roman next to him holding his hand and the dragon witch flying away, roaring with laughter.  Roman must have seen Virgil's confusion because he went to pick Virgil up as he said "that monster cursed you. We need to get you to Logan. How are you feeling?"  Virgil pushes him away and stands up for himself before dusting himself off "I'm fine. let's just go find out what the fuck that curse was so you can calm the fuck down?" Virgil walked off towards the mind palace before Roman could say anything. 

They quickly arrived back at the mind palace. Patton was in the kitchen making food for the others when they arrived back so he was the first to see the both of them. "Welcome back. How was your da- Roman what's wrong?"  Patton asked when he saw Roman's concerned face and when Virgil went gay into the living room where Logan was. Logan looked up from his book when Virgil walked in. He put it away as Virgil said "dragon witch attached. I got cursed. I'm fine though.  Can you find out what the curse is please? So I can prepare for what the curse might do". Logan nods "of course I'll research straight away. are you sure you don't need tre-"

"NO! I mean no thank you. I'm good. Could you please just find out what the curse is and what it will do to me?" Logan nods and stands up "do you know what the dragon witch was saying for the curse? I need to know so I can research it". Virgil paused to see if he could remember anything. "She said the curse in a different language. I think it was Latin or Spanish maybe? I don't know". At that point Roman and Patton walked in. By the concern and panic on Patton's face, Virgil could tell that Roman had told everything. 'Great that means Patton has gone into daddy bats mode' Virgil thought to himself before listening as Roman said what the curse was "Maledico uterum istum, qui filios hominum amant". Logan quickly jots down the curse in his notebook before walking off to the library for a book on known curses or words that can be put together to make a curse. He also went looking for a Latin to American English translation book.

For the next week, that felt like decades to Virgil, Patton and Roman wouldn't leave Virgil alone in case he starts getting side effects from the curse (even if they didn't know what the curse was). Like Virgil had predicted, Patton had gone into daddy bats mode and Roman had become really protective too. Because of this, Virgil found it really difficult to hide his secret and even harder to obey the rules of wearing a chest binder. Being in the bathroom was the only time was allowed alone (Roman even slept in his bedroom, on the bean bag though) so he took binder breaks in the bathroom. He also dived into bed after taking his binder off and hiding it in his bathroom so no one had time to spot anything. He was just glad that had the devil's waterfall decided not to show up that week because if it had, he secret would have been revealed for sure. 

Anyway, at the end of the week, just as Virgil's social battery was at its lowest and he was about to explode, Logan walked into the living room saying he finally found out what the curse was. So a family meeting was held. Well kind of a family meeting. Janus, Thomas and Remus weren’t there, which Virgil was glad about because he didn't think he could handle it if the whole family was there. Everyone quickly sat down to listen to the results, Roman on the chair, patton on the sofa and Virgil on the floor.

"The curse wasn't in any of the curse and spell books I own or in any of the books that exist. So I decided to translate what the spell was. First I made sure if it was Spanish or Latin. It was Latin, so I translated the curse. The curse roughly translates to 'I curse the womb of those who love the children of men' but that didn't make sense. So I put that through the curse and spell books and this time it found a match. What the dragon witch Said and what she cursed Virgil with was 'I curse this person with a womb to birth children of the people they love' so the curse did nothing to Virgil as Virgil is a cisgender male and they don't have wombs. So we can all calm down"

Virgil felt the relief flow over everyone around him as his mind started spinning. He gets up and runs off.

"Virgil?"

"Let him be kiddio. His social battery must be really low because he hadn't been alone all week"