Chapter III

"Lumos

"Lumos."

Aurelia smiled as she watched a small light appear in front of her. It was the fastest she'd managed to make a spell work so far.

By sending the core of her original wand into her, Apollo had made it so she had two cores inside of her which made practicing wandless magic easier, but it also meant that she had to practice a lot more and she had been cautious since she realized what the more complicated spells were doing to her body.

With a satisfied smile on her face, Aurelia opened a new book the maester had given her.

One of the books he had told her to read had to do with the history of their House.

House Martell had first settled between the Greenblood and the Broken Arm, not as kings, but as vassals from other kings such as Jordayne and Yronwood. They did not truly rise until Nymeria landed.

Mors Martell saw an opportunity and took her to wife, and with their combined strength, they were able to unite all of Dorne under their rule. Rhoynish customs were then adopted through their land and that was why the firstborn, regardless of gender, inherited.

When the Targaryens decided to invade and conquer, Queen Rhaenys was dispatched by her brother-husband to subjugate Dorne. The aged Princess Meria refused the offer and the queen left, enraged. Four years later, the First Dornish War started, with Rhaenys and her dragon dying.

Then, the Dragon's Wroth followed, with King Aegon and Queen Visenya burning the dornish castles, but sparing Sunspear in an attempt to turn the donnish lords against the Martells. Two years later, a shaky peace was reached.

Aurelia gobbled up all of this information voraciously, surprising Maester Foster with how fast she read.

Since an early morning when he caught her in the library reading from the thick books, he had been quietly giving her advanced lessons on healing, numbers, history and politics that pertained to Dorne in general.

He had explained to her parents that Princess Aurelia was a prodigy who had already taught herself to read and write and understand the history books.

Both Ilaria and Adrian were understandably stunned but when Foster asked Aurelia to read a certain passage about the invasion of the Targaryens to them and explained what it meant, her mother looked like she was going to burst into tears and Adrian looked fit to burst with pride.

From then on, they had ensured she had private lessons with Foster who was instructed to nurture her gifts as much as possible.

Ilaria considered her daughter's sharp intelligence as a blessing from the Mother Royne, while Adrian simply thought it good fortune. He was a little upset that Morgan did not have Aurelia's genius as well and wondered if it was a good idea for a woman to have such intelligence as it might be a turn off for a potential husband.