Essay: The Way Of Story Writing

Have you ever wondered how many different genre's we have? There are many different genre's, but I will tackle three different genre's. The three genre's I will be tackling are Fantasy, Realistic Fiction, and Play/Drama.

          The first genre I will be tackling is Fantasy. Fantasies are stories about magic. The include characters, events, and settings that are imaginative. Moreover, some fantasies may include aspects of adventure. Fantasy stories cannot happen in real life, hence they are fictional. Fantasies are great for people who like magic and adventure.

         The next genre I am tackling is realistic fiction. Realistic fiction are stories that are based off of real life. The characters, events, and settings are realistic. In addition, Realistic fiction stories tell about the hardships of real life, which makes it relatable. The characters of realistic fiction will look and act like real people. I would recommend realistic fiction for relatable stories.

       The final genre is..... Play/Drama! Plays are performed by actors. Instead of characters they have a cast. The cast performs dialogue and stage directions. Dialogue is what the cast says, and the stage directions are what to do. Actors wear costumes and act to be the character. If you like to see a show, go to a play!

     There are still many more different genres of writing. Some tell realistic stories, others are fantasies. You could go out and see a play, or read a book. Each genre is unique, but all are great. My personal favorites are Fantasy and Realistic Fiction. What are yours?

(255 words)

Written: Wednesday, 7th of December 2022