I get a Riddle Book

• Dedicated to Akeela

“What just happened?” I woke up asking Simon

            “You fainted.” Simon said, “We got to get you home!”

            “What. Okay.” I said

            Simon threw me over his shoulder and took me into a car. Mr. Sunshan got into the car and stepped on the gas.  I couldn’t remember anything. And then flash backs started to replay in my head. I remember everything. How Stenos looked, and how she died. Red dust everywhere in the class. I was creep out. I sat up on the car seat and began to look out the window. Soon I was home in Manhattan in the little condo my mom had.

            We burst through the door and my mom looked surprise.

“What happen you guys!” My mom said in a worried voice

“Cindy, we have to go now.” Mr. Sunshan said

“Did something happen?”

“Three words. They’ve figured out!” Simon said

“Oh no. That secret. Damn.” My mom said while she grabbed her bag and ran out the door.

I had no idea what was going on at all. All I saw was a grimace placed upon everyone’s face. We ran down the stairs. Actually I was pulled down the stair.

“Guys, can ya’ll tell me what’s going on?”

“As soon as we get into the car sweetie.” My mom said, cringed at the word sweetie because that’s what Stenos said before

Simon grimace was replaced by a worried look, “ Cindy, please refrain from calling her well S-w-e-e-t-i-e-.”

Like before they threw me in the car and stepped on the gas.

“Now can ya’ll explain to me?”

“Okay this is hard to say.” Simon began, “Remember a few days ago when Seo, I mean Mr. Sunshan was talking about Perseus?”

“Yea, what about it.”

“And Heracles. They are all demi-gods.”

“Demi-gods?”

“You know half god half mortal.”

“How does this apply to me?” I question

“So let me put it this way; you’re a demi-god.”

“How am I a demi- god?”

“You see swe-honey, years ago I had met this man and well we fell in love. We couldn’t marry and he left before you were born.”

“Because he was a god?”

“Yea.”

“So why did Stenos attack me?” I said

“Please refrain from saying her name to call her S.” Simon said looking around scared

“Why did S attack me?”

Mr. Sunshan answered while looking at me through the mirror, “S attacked you because you’re easy. You have no training. They want you dead.”

“Why what have I done to them? She said something about elder?”

“Not now not here.”  Me. Sunshan said

“But Mr. Sunshan….” I whined

“No, not here. And call me Seo.”

“So Simon are you some type of monster I can’t see?” I asked

“No. Does this beautiful face look like something that belongs to the Titans?” He says, “I’m actually a demi-god too.”