2. Part The Ball

Mia and I entered the ball room, wearing our tiara’s and beautiful gowns, brown hair put up in half up half down styles. Smiles plastered on our faces as we made our way down the steps.
Mia, wore a majestic red dress looking as fierce as ever and white opera length gloves.
I, myself, had on a navy blue sleeveless gown that had small diamonds at the bust down to the lower skirt, which looked beautiful and long black gloves.
My tiara was one with crystals and a gold champagne color.

Dancing around with many different bachelors, including a man who only spoke in Greek, one who counted the steps to not step on my toes and many more

Dancing around with many different bachelors, including a man who only spoke in Greek, one who counted the steps to not step on my toes and many more. I had a chance for a break and saw Mia reuntining with her friend Princess  Asana, happily squealing as they embraced.
My next dance partner was an exceptionally tall man, who didn’t even really dance with me but showed me his unique moves.
Then when I went to get myself a glass of champagne and in deep thought about whether or not I would meet him tonight it happened.
I stepped on someone's toes.
I looked down at his feet, taking his hands to stay balanced.
“Ohh! Oh, your foot! I’m so sorry. Are y.. Are you alright?” I asked him. He looked up from his shoes and met my gaze. He had darling blue eyes. I felt very much embarrassed. We both straightened up and I removed my hands from his. He looked straight into my brown eyes and spoke. My mouth was slightly agape. He was gorgeous.
“I’ll survive, Your Highness.” He calmed me, “The fault is entirely my own. I apologize.”
“But if I hadn’t been so in thought I would have noticed. I’m sorry. Are you sure you don’t want to exchange licenses and proof of insurance?” I said half jokingly and half seriously. A half smile on my features.
“No, no, these shoes were a little big anyway and the swelling should help them fit better.” he said, smiling. And then he walked past me.

Now I was dancing with a very swiftly and sharply moving man with little hair. Really why couldn’t I dance with the mystery man from before. My dance partner complimented my dancing while moving around stiffly holding my hand. He moved around like he was trying to land a frickin’ plane. Thankfully, I saw him behind the stiff man.
“May I?” He asked the man. My dance partner removed his hands from me and moved away, bowing before doing so. He placed his glowed right hand around my waist and took my right hand in his left. My free hand on his shoulder.
“Your timing is impeccable. Thank you,” I thanked him as we slowly started dancing.
“You’re welcome, Your Highness.” he said to me, smiling. I smiled back at him.
“Kit. I liked to be called Kit.”
“Mm.” he hummed.
“And you are..?” I asked him.
“Nicholas. Just Nicholas.”
“All right, Just Nicholas.” I joked, making him stifle a laugh, “Well, I’m very glad to see my clumsiness hasn’t affected your dancing. I’m sorry I stepped on your foot.”
“You can step on my foot any time.”
“I’ll remember that, just Nicholas.” I heard ‘aww’ coming from near us. Knowing it would probably be my sister and our friends. Mine and Nicholas’ faces inched closer. Smiles on our faces. Then someone tapped on Nicholas’ arm and we both looked to see who it was. He announced his presence.
“It is Prince Jaques’ turn.” This was some young prince who had a very pompuss tone of voice. Kind of funny honestly. Nicholas let go of me and we shared a look before he walked away leaving me with the young prince. I started dancing with him and he talked about the fact that if it were his party we would be kissing by now. Which kind of gave me a major ‘ick’ factor, but he’s a kid- and kids are weirdos. I heard my sister laugh at his overconfidence in the background.

Then when that part of the evening was done. The Prime Minister had me meet most of the members of Parliament which was exhausting and drained me even more, but I smiled through it. I had also met a man who seemed a tad suspicious, it happened when my tiara fell off my head on accident.