Chapter 2: Allen Hunting

"So what are you doing here?" I ask him taking the attention off the fact that I was wrapped in my dog's leash, it's pretty embarrassing.

"Um, my mom said that we can't leave until Allen comes home, I'm here to get him." He said referring to his older brother. I like Allen, actually I was friends with Allen before I was even friends with Ethan. I was his friend back when I was around the age of four or maybe five. See, our mom's were friends in high school and grew up together. Then when they got married their husbands became friends, then when they had boys (Allen and my brother Steven who's in college) they became friends, then two years later Ethan and I came out. To bad Max doesn't get along with their dog Toto...

"So where is Allen?"

"He slept over at the Ericson's house last night. He promised he would be home by now but it's Allen, what are you expecting."

"Alright we'll go get him."

"I-I have bad history with Sam..." He said referring to the older Ericson brother.

"Bad history?"

"Yeah, well one time he came over to hang out with Allen and he brought his girlfriend, I have no idea why... and well I tripped and touched her, um-" He said pointing to his chest.

"Boob?"

"Held on to it actually..." He said blushing. I couldn't bare but to laugh. Don't be fooled by Sam's name, he's actually a big buff guy so I would be pretty scared after holding his girlfriends breast.

"Aright, come on." I say shoving the dogs leash into Ethan's chest.

"I love it when you get all bossy like that." He joked making me laugh. He took the leash and followed me across the street. I walk up to the two floored dark brown colored house and took a swallow. They make me pretty nervous too. The two men living here are the golden kids of our school. Well Sam graduated, but still he was the most well-known kid at our school. And the glam got past down to his not-so-smart brother Derek. He currently has math with me and he sucks. I heard him ask his friend what an equation is. Even though he has a his flaws, he is still the most liked person at high school since his brother left, but I don't see it.

"Are you ever going to knock or..." Ethan said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Of course I'm knocking." I say rolling my eyes. I bring my fist up to the door and take a deep breath before I hit the door three times. I take a step back and within seconds the large wooden door infront of me opens reveling a man who stood around 6'2 in his boxers. "What." Derek asked. His bronze hair wasn't gelled up in a quiff like it normally would be. It was messy and hella sexy. His morning voice was on point too. Even though all he said was "what" I come to a loss for words. I look away from his eyes and looked at his toned muscles. His six pack sends chills down my spine and I open my mouth to say something but can't.

"You know, when checking someone out the other people either does it from a far or wears sunglasses. They don't normally knock on someone's door to look at them, that's just weird." He said before he slowly began to shut the door.

"I'm not checking you out!" I defend myself.

"Yeah, you were."

"No! I was trying not to make eye contact with you, but you're not wearing a shirt nor pants so I was looking for somewhere to look." I lie, I was totally checking him out.

"Okay..." He says slowly

"...who are you and why are you knocking on my door..." He asks us making me turn red. This is so awkward.

"We're looking for Allen." I say looking down at my nails still avoiding eye contact.

"Look at me." He says. I ignore him and start to pick at my nails. All of a sudden I feel his warm hand under my chin, lifting my head up. I look up and meet his soft green eyes.

"It's annoying talking to someone when they're looking elsewhere." He tells me before moving his hand.

"Sorry." I say. Did I just apologize?

"I'll go get him." Derek tells me before he left letting the door close a little.

"SAM!" We heard him yell.

"A HOT GIRL AND A DUDE ARE OUTSIDE AND THEY WANT YOUR FRIEND!" He yells making my cheeks red.

"Did he just call me h-hot?" I flush.

"I was about to ask that." Ethan says staring at the door.

"So." Derek asked after he opened the door again.

"Why do you guys need Allen? Is he your boyfriend or something?" He asks looking at me.

"No, he's my friends brother." I say pointing to Ethan.

"So you don't have a boyfriend?" He asks.

"Um..." I say before Sam appears behind him.

"Dude go put something on." Sam ordered Derek. Derek disappeared into the white living room probably going to put something on like his brother told him too.

"What." Sam said. Well I can see how those two are related. They both have an attitude. Besides that they look nothing alike. Sam has blond hair and blue eyes, unlike Derek who has brown hair and green eyes. Sam is way tanner and more muscular than Derek too, they look like strangers.

"I'm looking for Allen." I tell Sam. He nods and looks past me to Ethan.

"Good seeing you again." He says in a straight face, couldn't really tell if he was being serious or sarcastic but it was a scary look.

"Yeah, you too." Ethan says nervously. Sam nods looking at him in silence for a few seconds making the both of us feel awkward. That's probably how Derek felt when I was staring at him, oops.

"So where is he?" I break the ice.

"Oh, he's in the bathroom." He says looking back into his house.

"Uh you guys could come in and hang out until he's done." Sam said inviting us in. I look at Ethan and he shakes his head.

"It's ok he won't be taking too long." Ethan says. Sam nods and looks back in the house.

"Um I'm going back inside, I'll send him out when he's done." He says before he does exactly that. After a few minutes of hanging around, Allen opens the door and gives me a hug. He nods at his brother Ethan and together we walk across the street back to my house. "I'm home!" I shout opening the door.

"It's about time." My mom's voice traveled from the backyard. I take the leash off Max and follow him outside to see Aunt Andrea outside drinking coffee with my mom.

"Hello!" I say going up and hugging her. She hugs me back and plants a kiss on my check.

"Where are Ethan and Allen?" She asked about her sons.

"Here mom." Allen said before he came outdoors and greeted his mom.

"Where are you guys?" Clueless Ethan asked. I go back inside and drag Eth out so he can see his mom.

"Alright let's get going." My mom said standing up and taking her last sip of her coffee. Ethan, Allen and I go outside and all squeeze into the backseat of my mom's SUV. We shove and fight eachother until our moms come and sit in the front seats. We drive out of the driveway and start making our way to school.