10. ready to go back

you woke up the next day, with the urge to throw up. you ran to the toilet, and bent your head over it, while you could only think about what gio had told you last night about not drinking so much.

you must've woken up joão, since he came rushing to the bathroom and began helping you by grabbing your hair into a ponytail with his hands.

"you ok?" he asked as you cleaned your mouth.
"yeah, my head is pounding right now, but besides that i'm ok." you told him, as you made your way back into bed.

"here. take these, they always help." joão replied, handing you some tylenol pills.
"you've had a hangover?" you asked, taking the pills from his hands.
"i wouldn't recommend them if i hadn't used them in the exact situation." he explained.

"you just seem like too much of an innocent person to of ever gotten drunk." you said playfully.
"fuck you y/n" he said laughing.
"i've been asking you to do that since last night." you replied referring to what had happened yesterday in the car.

"yeah yeah, just not right now." he said in return.
"i hope it's soon." you told him as you buried your head into the crook of his neck.

fuck his neck. you had left some hickeys there last night. and he left some on mine. you'd just
cover them up with foundation, you thought, since you and joão were around the same shade.

you reached over to grab your phone from the nightstand to check the time, 11:43 a.m. you decided to start getting ready even if the only thing you were doing today was going on the date.

you got up from bed and went over to your suitcase.

"what time are we going out? you asked joão, as you dug through your suitcase.
"what about 6:30?" he asked in return.
"sounds good, i already told cris we were going on a date." you replied.

"yeah i asked for his permission, he was fine with it. he seems happy that we like each other." joão told you.

"right! i'm glad he feels that way. he's usually super protective, but it's different with you. in a good way though. you know what i mean?" you explained, picking out my outfit. i decided on a blue dress kind of like this:

joão said he was going to wear a blue shirt to match along with you dress

joão said he was going to wear a blue shirt to match along with you dress. you took your dress to the bathroom and went to take a shower.

after, joão told you he had to go to his hotel to bring his things over. you were leaving tomorrow morning, so he just brought over his entire suitcase and picked out his clothes here.

you both ate and ended up watching some netflix for a couple hours. (if you have any netflix recommendations please leave them in the comments! i'm currently watching a series but the minute i finish i don't know what to do with my life anymore 😭)

it was 4:58 now, so you began getting ready. you put on your dress and white converse. for jewelry you added a few bracelets, gold stud earrings, and of course, the necklace joão gave you since the start of the trip.