I WAS-The Dream

Chapter One

All I remember of that night was tossing and turning; underneath it all however, was a clear and vivid image of him in front of me drenched in rain, looking pale as ever, with face of sorrow and defeat. There was however one unmistakeable feature that told me it was him. Those green eyes that had always haunted yet captivated me stared back at me. When I looked into anyone's eyes, I could see the end of many things. Everyone else was the rule, but as with anything else in the world, there was always an exception. For the first time in what seemed like ages, I once again looked into his mesmerizing eyes, hoping to find something different. To my misfortune, I saw the same thing I had seen last time. An endless loophole that would only stop itself in its tracks when he decided it was time to stop running and hiding from the truth. I then did what I had never before done in a situation like this; I took my one and only chance and tilted my face upwards as close to his as it could get. It must have been some kind of mutual feeling because he also pulled me in closer and kissed me for the very first time since he had left.  He didn't pull away for a while, and then again, neither did I. We had both waited for this moment so long. Then, as unexpectedly as he had appeared, he turned, walked away, and left me there in the pouring rain to wonder about everything.

I woke up drenched in sweat. I sat up and looked at my alarm clock. The numbers were a little fuzzy and hard to make out at first, but when my eyes finally adjusted, it read 3:26 A.M. Weird enough, they were the digits of his birthday. It was the third time this week alone that I had gotten up drenched in my biggest fears at the same time for the same cause; HIM. I tried my hardest and went back to sleep for a couple more hours. I had school later on in the day and I could use the company from Robbie to help me get through another one of the dreams.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

At school that day, I could only find some things about what my dreams meant. Of course some were pretty ridiculous and discarted them right away; but some "theories" were actually pretty good and I started considering them. Like the one about my conscience and stuff... Just when I was getting into something good, the bell rang-signaling the lunch period was over  and I had to make my way down the hall to English. I would once again have to wait until I got home to do more research on the subject that's giving me some type of insomnia.

______________________________

"Hey Sam!!" yelled someone from down the hall."Wait up!"

It was Shane.He was my best friend although we had only met a couple of years back. We had really hit it off. It seems now that he is the only one that understands me. He is the only one that knows about my dreams. He claims that it's only because I'm not over him yet, but I beg to differ.Not once did I ever dream about him when we were together. Why start now?

"Hey Shane what's up?"

"Nahh not much...How was last night?"

And so the conversation went on like it always did. I told him about the dream, and he told me he would come over tonight. 

As I stood there in the hall I wondered how i hadn't seen HIM in ages. The last message I got from him-or should I say a police officer back in Istanbul- was that he was dead and that it was the last message I was ever going to get from that account. Unfortunately for him or whoever he made write that to me, I'm not stupid. C'mon, what kind of dead guy still tweets every two hurs?NONE!!Well, at least not any that I know of. I never really knew why i was into him in the first place. There was always Shane who had been with me for years begging me we took things further. The only problem is that he is my best friend and I dont want to lose another person; and although I wanted to believe nothing would change, but the occasional "Shane Dreams" told a different story.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Author's note: Sorry guys, the first chapters are always going to be a little slow and short, but I promise that once I get more into the book, the chapters and dreams wll get longer and more intense. :D

-Martha