Chapter Five

I watched as Mae stopped in front of the door and knocked lightly.

"Ry- Uh... Hey... Miguel, you in there?"

No response.

"Miguel, I'm- I'm coming in okay?"

She glanced uneasily towards us, as though asking for help, she obviously was not keen on the idea of forcing her way into his room.

She sighed and turned the handle slowly, almost like she feared there was a tornado on the other end of the door.

However she didn't get far enough to open the door when it slammed open with an ear shuddering bang, almost hitting Mae in the face.

And then there he was. The dark handsome face that had ambushed me in the dark just the night prior.

"What the fuck do you want Mae!?" He growled. His voice was so harsh I shrank back and took a step behind Darren.

"I- I was just trying to get back an item this boy left in your room! J-jeez do you have to be such a prick all the time?!"

His face suddenly swung my way as if he had only realized my presence for the first time and as soon as his eyes landed on me his expression softened.

He chuckled.

"Left an item in my room did you?"

His smile scared me, there was an evil glint in his eyes, no matter how much his looks baffled me every time, there was no hiding true intention. Speaking of which, I had no idea what his was!

"Y-y-yes-s.." I stuttered, hiding further behind Darren and tugging lightly at his arm.

His eyes flickered downwards briefly, as though studying my position for a second, yet fluttered back up top before I could believe it.

Then, just for a second, his eyes narrowed.

His arm flung out and ripped mine from behind Darren, yanking me into the doorway to his room.

I gasped.

Why did I feel like I needed to say sorry? The words of apology were just dancing on my lips.

Mae held onto my arm, just trying to assert that he was not going to rob me and beat me to death before leaving me alone in his room with him.

"He left his id card somewhere, do you know where it might be?"

He shrugged and smirked.

"I've no clue." His grin widened as he leaned in. "You might have to search for it a while." He breathed into my ear. "My room's pretty messy." His breath fanned my neck and a shiver ran down my spine.

I hate to admit it, but it was a good kind of shiver. I had to resist the urge to fall further into his hold and close my eyes.

I felt my face flush, oh my god he was flirting with me! And in front of Darren and his sister! The man has no shame!

Darren gave me an odd stare then looked back at Mae who returned the look.

"Bye bye then, we only need one searching." Miguel chuckled, pulling me a little further into the room.

Mae's hand was still clutching the loose fabric on my arm.

"Uh... Okay..." Mae agreed and let go.

Darren seemed ready to protest on my part however all will to do so seemed to have been wiped out when Mae took his hand in hers and lead him back down the hall.

Nothing could have hidden the blush on his cheeks or the guilty look in his eyes as he threw me a faint apologetic smile.

Miguel gave me one mighty pull into the room and slammed the door shut.