Chapter 3

-Klaus' POV-

Elena had fallen asleep. She had cried to the point of passing out, I guess. Her arms around my shoulder had loosened up and her tears had started to dry out.

I get it. She's a fresh werewolf. It makes sense she's all over the place. Hell, if she wasn't, I'm sure she'd actually tried to kick me out or kill me as soon as I hugged her.

I don't know what it was. I shouldn't have hugged her. We're not that close, we're not close at all. Yet, the first thing I thought of when I saw her angry and crying in her room was to hug her. It's what I wanted when I went through all of that. I get it. I understand what she's going through more than anyone in the whole world.

But now that she had passed out asleep in my arms, I didn't know what to do or where to put her. Her bedroom had been thrashed, her bed was broken.

There's more bedrooms. One through the bedroom if I remember correctly.

"Alright Love, please don't spazz out on me." I grab her carefully and lift her up, only to be surprised by how thin she is. She's light. I walk through the open doors carefully and take her to her brother's empty room. "That should do it," I whisper in the room, putting her down on the bed, her head carefully on the pillow and the covers pulled enough so she can cover herself if she gets cold. Rare for a vampire to do, but she's half a werewolf now.

I reach for a notebook abandoned and make sure to leave her a note by the bed.

"I left the journals by your window. Talk to me if you need help with this whole new roller coaster we call life. -K"

I'm no teacher. I've only taken in a few baby vamps in my time but I rarely know what I'm doing.

But Elena, she's another original hybrid. Along with not being able to die, she's stuck with all the pros and cons of being half wolf.

I did just as the note said, I left the note by the window and made my way out of the house and to my car. The last thing I had expected was to hold Elena close while she cried about how she couldn't control her own emotions. Yet here I was, sitting in the car, drowning in the smell of roses and cinnamon that I had come to familiarize with her.

Her scent feels warm, enough for me to want to fall asleep again. I feel... hot and bothered by the smell alone at the same time.

"Jesus..." I roll down the window and take a deep breath, driving home. I gotta see Elena tomorrow as well, I have this feeling that I'll actually have to help her tomorrow even if she refuses to ask for help first.

As I pull up to our home, I see a bunch of moving trucks parked by the entrance and my sister guiding the men inside and telling them what to do.

That will surely take a while...

I don't get out of the car, I don't make a single sound that she might magically hear before I put the car in reverse and make my way to the bar.

People all over my home are not what I'm trying to deal with right now.

Rebekah's head snaps in my direction but I turn to look behind me, pretending I didn't see her. She looks furious. "Nik, get here right this instant!"

Of course...

I park the car and step out quickly to see Rebekah rushing in my direction. "Elena Gilbert? Hello? Am I just supposed to magically find stuff out? What the bloody hell?" She bumped my shoulder a little, angry at me. "If I were to find out my brother found his little wolfy fate mate.. thing?"

"Oh." She must've actually not listened when Elijah told her anything. "It's not like that, we're not fated- she's just a new original hybrid. Being the only two there's this-"